Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rework Bleed Removal
At the moment, to bandage or suture a bleed, you have to stand still for (X seconds) * (the intensity of the bleed you have). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this. I propose that instead of this, you fix the bleed in stages. The X seconds would remain, but the time to bandage would be fixed and remove a stack of intensity for each time you bandage.

I feel this is needed because the chance of you successfully tending to a bleed on yourself is severely reduced as soon as you get into high stages. You are more likely to bleed out and not reduce your bleed whatsoever because you stood still for 20 seconds trying to bandage and then passed out to blood loss. This way, you would at least reduce the amount of bleed on yourself whilst you worked, instead of getting 80% of the way through a bandage only to lose any progress in fixing yourself because you passed out.
This sounds like a very solid idea. Could this form of staggered progression be added to a few other applicable things? I can't think of any off the top of my head but I definitely think it stands to reason that having this be applied to other progress bars is a good idea.
Also support the idea of generally having more staggered progression. Sometimes you don't have the time to completely fix something, you just need it good enough to accomplish something