Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Ban appeal for Skornzy banned by Warc
My IRC/Discord Username: Skornzy#6795
Date and time of the ban: 04/08/2020
Who banned me: Warc

Summary of events leading up to the ban: For several months prior to my ban I had been knowingly antagonistic, and unpleasant towards many members of the Discord server and moderation staff. I argued over small things that didn’t matter, debated people on how they should feel, talked about things I didn’t have much knowledge or personal experience in, took things too personally, and was consistently selfish. I generally tried to control the chat almost every time I was in it.

Why I should be unbanned: I’ve had a lot of time to think about my ban, and the troublesome actions I've made that led to it. What was said in the previous appeal was right. My behavior in the Discord server was disruptive, and derogatory. I would genuinely like to apologize to anyone I have personally affected with my once crude, and callous conduct. I have joined a few other small Discord communities since my ban, and have been able to compose myself in more positive, and light hearted ways there. I’ve also been ignoring my compulsion to start arguments/debates, and thinking more outwardly. This has led to a better chatting experience for everyone as arguments, and selfishness only serve to drive people away. If unbanned I will carry myself this new way in the Discord server, and avoid making similar mistakes I’ve made in the past because I know how to handle things a lot more maturely online now.

Message given in the kick, if present:
Just letting you know you've been removed from our discord.
I've decided to take this action after a long stream of heated arguments that always seem to involve bad faith and trolling. There is no singular event, but a pattern of behavior we feel has been, on average, uniquely negative. These arguments seem to pop up unprovoked with a slew of different players and with alarming regularity.
No further action is being taken at this time, and you can appeal the permanence of this ban in 30 days.
Please reflect on your interaction with the community, and whether you'd like to continue in this direction.
¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯
fool me omce, shame on me
fool me twice
ya won't get fooled again
(02-19-2021, 08:52 AM)warcrimes Wrote: ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯
fool me omce, shame on me
fool me twice
ya won't get fooled again

Could you please clarify what you mean? I'm not trying to fool anyone.
I literally follow you on twitter. It's not subtle.

I don't even work here anymore, but I don't think you're gonna fit in anyway. you're fooling yourself. clown makeup and all.

my advice to whatever orange names are reading,
"nah". my advice to you, move on.
(02-19-2021, 09:16 AM)warcrimes Wrote: I literally follow you on twitter. It's not subtle.

I don't even work here anymore, but I don't think you're gonna fit in anyway. you're fooling yourself. clown makeup and all.

my advice to whatever orange names are reading,
"nah". my advice to you, move on.

I appreciate the advice, but I've found myself playing Goonstation and having the ability to go over past rounds with people is something I definitely missed about it. I'll likely stick to the SS13 chat if unbanned.

As a side note I was unaware that any other online presence, or personal opinion of this presence would have bearing over this process.
yeah the time to lay low with your "anti-sjw" (and frankly, still pretty racist, as of January!) "views" was before i stumbled into them, get aware. 
If theres one last bit of good I can do for this community, it'll be keeping you at bay *before* we have another debate about it.

consequently, 
[Image: il_570xN.1334958760_i472.jpg]
(02-19-2021, 09:40 AM)warcrimes Wrote: yeah the time to lay low with your "anti-sjw" (and frankly, still pretty racist, as of January!) "views" was before i stumbled into them, get aware. 
If theres one last bit of good I can do for this community, it'll be keeping you at bay *before* we have another debate about it.

consequently, 
[Image: il_570xN.1334958760_i472.jpg]

I'm sorry my activity online has made you feel this way about me. It would be much appreciated if a current admin could weigh in as well.
(02-19-2021, 10:42 AM)Skornzy Wrote: I'm sorry my activity online has made you feel this way about me. It would be much appreciated if a current admin could weigh in as well.

Hello. There is nonexistent support for this being lifted in Discord and so I will be denying this appeal.

In addition, since someone was kind enough to go find the gif of this for me I'd really feed bad for not posting it so please view accompanying hand gesture

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16292060]
Is there any reason besides my Twitter account history that the ban will not be lifted? I rarely use it, I don't agree with everything I retweet, and it's mostly for personal use. I've tried being as respectful as possible, and I'm not sure where all this hostility is coming from.
(02-19-2021, 01:17 PM)Skornzy Wrote: Is there any reason besides my Twitter account history that the ban will not be lifted?

Your considerable history of showing up to conversations on Discord, the place you want to be unbanned from, posting one or two lines of objectionable garbage, and scampering off into the night. As well as contributing nothing of worth to discussions. I'm honestly not sure why exactly you want to be unbanned or what you think we stand to gain by unbanning you.

Again: denied. Please don't bother posting another appeal for a while, thank you for playing.