Kapu1178 (Walks Silverscale) Mentor application
Usual character name: Walks Silverscale
BYOND username: Kapu1178
Discord username (if you are on our discord):Kapu#1178
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 95% Main, RP when I have antag tokens.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I really enjoy helping players learn this monolith of a game in my free time. I've personally guided multiple friends through the learning process of the game, and one of them has joined the RP server "permanently". I don't really think theres a whole lot more to say on that front. I am fully aware of how much information is too much information, and will gladly withhold secret information from players in the best interests of them.

Sidenote: My past behavior.

I know in the past I have gained a poor reputation with some players due to playing in a "selfish" way or being generally annoying. I've since moved onto playing with the fun of all players in mind pretty much exclusively, to the point of not even bothering killing people on some antag rounds just to do a dumb gimmick. And to go along with that, I'm in the process of mellowing out as a whole.

I'd like to consider myself extremely well versed in the basics of (nearly) every department, with some more robust knowledge in Medical and Chemistry. I'll breakdown all my game knowledge into the main sections, to give y'all a better idea of how much I know.

Medical: I consider myself a medical director main, and as such I believe I know almost everything a player could ask in this department. While I do not know things like surgery paths off the top of my head, I do know all the mechanics and can easily guide new players through Doctoring. I can tell you off the top of my head what the available healing chems do and when you should use them.

Chemistry: I know how the machines all interact, and how chems interact to a good extent. Any basic chemistry questions I can answer with ease, such as getting beakers to the correct temp, and chemical preset making.

Security: I play security alot, and have a strong understanding of what to do, and what not to do. I do believe that most people will agree with my style of security, giving out very little punishment with the goal of keeping the round interesting. Answering security questions and providing advice would be effortless for me.

Cargo: Cargo is very basic and as such, I know how to do it competently. I may not know the best hydroponics cargo set up for making way more money than the station needs, but I can get the job done, and thats all you can really ask for, isn't it?

Mechanic: My mechlab knowledge is basic, but I do know the beginner's mechlab parts and how they interact, and how to set things up. I know how to decode radio signals to use them in other machines, and how to make doors open when I say fart over the radio.

Engineer: Since the hellburn rework, most of my technical knowledge was rendered moot, as I have not bothered to relearn it. However, I do know how to assemble a char and hellburn, and as such can explain the basics.

Antagonists: I have played every antagonist multiple times, and have strong knowledge of their toolsets and goals. Providing assistance for any antag will be absolutely no challenge for me.

Areas I am lacking in useful information: Telescience, Botany, and Janitor.

I am sorry if this application is a structural mess, I am very bad at writing. Feel free to be as critical about my personality or application as you want, I will not hold it against you.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None!
I've seen Kapu on heisenbee from time to time, and they're quite active in the discord. They've been mostly positive from what I can recall over the last few months and I don't doubt they have the knowledge to be a mentor. +1 from me.

Hopefully this doesn't double post but sorry if it does, because I'm a dumb and didn't think to mention this until after posting the first part. I would also reccomend Kapu to apply for HoS in some time and would be supportive of that application.
i haven’t seen you in game too much lately, probably due to time zone differences. however, i think you have a good energy and the right attitude to be fit for a mentor. what also stands out to me is that both in your app and previously mentioned on discord, youve been aware of your past behaviors (which, i never really found you to be annoying, but who knows) and actively wanting to improve it before applying, and i haven’t seen anything from you that would prove otherwise.

tldr, kapu is an upbeat, knowledgeable person who’d be good to have helping out. +1
I've seen Walks regularly on main server and they are always effective, knowledgeable and fun. I'm pretty sure I've also directly witnessed them helping newer sec officers specifically. Worth mentioning that if they don't have the HoS hat already they could be a candidate for that at some point soon as well in my books. +1 from me
While I have yet to forgive him for betraying my trust during that one rev round (You know the one) Walks is clearly very knowledgeable at the game and I personally have a lot of fun playing with him. +1 from this lad
yes +1
Walks definitely knows their stuff from what I've seen. Great candidate. +1.
Solid player, knows stuff, +1
good experiences, have seen you teaching people a bunch! +1
Yeah, helpful and pretty kind, +1.
Drew, you have already commented on my application ya dingus!
oh I don't pay attention lmao.

If an admin can please delete one of those considering I'm too stupid to know where I am.
Congratulations, the admin team has decided to accept your Mentor application. That's with and without drewmajor11's accidental double +1.