articmog Mentor Application
Usual character name's: Isaac Clarke, Skeletor Skulster, Brent Halligan, Slave Borg Gael
BYOND username:Arcticmog
Discord username (if you are on our discord) Mog, Lord Of Cinder#0510
Recommended by (if applicable):None, I didn't ask for any and Im not a fan of asking folks for one/fishing for recommendations as a personal rule. 
Goon servers you play: Goon RP (mainly Sylvester) and Goon Main (Heisenbee)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): As someone who basically even now almost uses mentor help nearly once a round, ive found it extremely helpful and critical to my experience in ss13, I probably would have quit by round 10 if it was not for the Mentorhelp utility, and I do enjoy teaching newbies how to play roles/play the game, especially the more useful stuff for roles (for example how to treat the more complex medical situations that crop up like hyperallergins or death chem poisoning) in medical or even just the basics like healing brute and burn damage (the colour coding really helps get stressing newbies, yellow for burn, red for brute, green (autoinjector) for tox. I would like to contribute to this utility and help folks with some of the knowledge I have. Such as intermediate-advanced engineering, medicine and QM, playing as cyborg as well. 

I was mulling over applying for some time but I made the call to do it because in dead chat newbies were asking questions and I tried to answer them, and tried to link them to the relevant wiki article, only to find that its blocked ingame outside of ahelp and mentor help, this making it much harder for me to help them learn how to say build a pipe bomb in that specific scenario. In terms of gameplay experience I have a not very impressive 300+ rounds , vast majority in rp or roughly 13.89 days of game time ( I joined a week into that being tracked!). Being able to use the mentor facility also means I don't have to be in person to aid (or the lane rule, teaching someone how to doctor as a staffie on rp is...bad) , though having the mentor mouse ability if I join a round late or die is very nice too!

Ive asked a few folks on the hard requirements of being a mentor and the primary one that tends to concern people and admins is the risk of a mentor meta gaming, i.e using the knowledge from the questions they get in game to their advantage. I don't believe ive ever been accused of this but I think some relevant experience I have for this, is that I am a seasoned dungeon master in D&D which shares a surprising amount with ss13 (mechanical rules that enable roleplay between players and importance of abiding by rules for the game to work properly), being a half decent dm requires you to play monsters/npcs without meta knowledge and ive been doing it for a few years now. I know I can't exactly prove this but I think applications like this are a good faith affair in general and thought it would be worth mentioning, and ive avoided spoiling rounds a few times despite picking up meta clues as to what kind of round it is, including avoiding that urge to preparatorily gear up. Im also primarily an EU timezone player, and on the RP server there tends to be a lower number of Admins and mentors in particular. I believe I have a fairly clean record as I had asked an admin and they told me my notes were empty ( I was a dirty little greytider when I was quite new, and more or less surprised I was never bwoinked for it in retrospect!) 

Im also quite open to criticism both as a player and obviously here with my application so don't be afraid to oppose this if you hold an objection, I won't take it personally as who gets picked for mentor impacts the image/community and is an externality beyond me as an individual. Thanks for reading. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):None
The admin team has decided to reject your Mentor application due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply 60 days from today, which would be May 16th.