Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
engineering dept change ideas
i really like that idea a lot.

one of the coolest things to me to come out of adding SWORD to the game was the potential power functionality of it. what if this concept was expanded so that mining could go off and collect or fabricate parts for a "station cell" or something as an alternative way to power the station? i think there's a lot of cool stuff that could come from something like that but i most clearly see it resolving three problems:

a. it gives an alternative way to power the station aside from the teg and moves powering the station out from being solely the purview of /just/ the engineers in the engineering department; it allows it to be an optional department-wide collaboration.
- (the newer teg revision wrt matsci incorporation kind of moves in this direction, although i rarely find myself doing matsci tegs until late-round)

b. it gives miners an (optional) reason for maybe seeking out tougher boss fights or to go exploring if the pieces for something like that were scattered between different mobs and locations. sometimes people ask for more mob encounters as miners like other servers have, and i'm not a huge fan of them being mandatory or random chance, but if they were an optional thing as a part of a bigger goal like this, i think it would work really well

c. it could potentially encourage a perspective where it'smore normalized for CEs to go off-station exploring or adventuring to help collect or fight then; something i and i think a few other people who play CE have mentioned is that we don't like being expected to sit on the teg all round long, we want to run around and do things too, and this is a perfect option for that!

this is a really good idea! and definitely i think one of the more actionable ones to come from the dicussion thus far. thank you so much for sharing.

Messages In This Thread
engineering dept change ideas - by nefarious6th - 02-16-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Splints - 02-16-2021, 04:30 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Leeanei - 02-16-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Drago156 - 02-17-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Azrun - 02-20-2021, 10:00 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Caro - 02-21-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by babayetu83 - 04-28-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by nefarious6th - 04-28-2021, 06:40 PM