Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Blacklist explosives and beakers from the teleporter without emagging it.
I always feel it's bad to nerf something when buffing or creating a counter is a more creative idea.

I like the idea of giving the blob an anti-teleport thing. Maybe give it a noticeable radius in which it works, but also make it really weak by anything that DOES hit it. It's effectively the blob claiming territory the crew has to fight for to get back.

I can't think of anything for nuke that hasn't already been suggested though.
I think the teleporter itself needs tweaking.

I've always considered it the same way I've considered things like chemistry, packets, and pathology: A somewhat complicated/obtuse system that if you put the effort into learning let's you do pretty powerful things that aren't easily countered
Would it be possible to prevent things being teleported to the nuke but not prevent things from being teleported away?
There could be a nukeops exclusive turret-like traitor item you can buy and setup that would prevent teleportation, but with a risk.

If a turret gets destroyed it could explode ("space suddenly and violently destabilizes", you can chain a couple sorium&LDM explosions) and/or send EMPs and add a few minutes to the nuke timer if it's within the teleport-protection radius ("the contraption makes a shrieking electrical noise as it sends an electromagnetic blast", "the nuclear bomb's control panel sends sparks all over the place, that can't be good").

It lets the nukeops decide whether they're willing to take teleport protection that comes with a risk, forcing them to defend the turret if they make that choice.

Or one or two of them could just be laying around in the syndicate shuttle so they don't have to spend points for that.