HoS Application for Duke Nukem
Usual character name: Duke Nukem (The one and only)
BYOND username: Jakson27
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Jakson#3251
Recommended by (if applicable): HoS Montgommery Scott
Goon servers you play: Started playing on rp goon, but recently I've been playing a lot more of classic goon 1.

Reason for application: A lot of the time I see my fellow comrade sec officers not communicating, everyone running around, doing what they want, and a general lack of communication and coordination. I've always felt like sec needs more leadership, and the captain is too busy doing whatever he wants to care about security or pay attention to sec comms. I feel like if I could be made HoS, I could really secure the sec forces on the stations I become HoS on.

Security experience (300 word minimum): At first I started playing detective, and I made sure to wait until I could understand nearly all of the antagonists on the station, and all of the job specifications everyone must accomplish. I became well trained in cargo, mechanics and packet hacking, DWAINE terminal, AI work, engineer work (before the molitz BS update), clown work, chemistry work, artlab work, toxins work (before molitz), and a little bit of telesci and decent medical work. After learning most of the station's functions, I felt comfortable playing detective, and in fact, a HoS was the first person who showed me around the security lobby, and how everything works and how to be robust with the sec tools and equipment. Also, all of this training happened on goon rp, so I learned the game understanding to respect the antagonists and to make sure nobody ruins their fun, while still establishing security on the station, which is a skill I think is very important playing on any goon server, but I don't see it as often when I play goon1 rather than goonrp.

Then I got burnt out of the game, fast forward 2 months, and I started playing the game and began trying out goon 1, exiting the RP zone. It was definitely a huge difference seeing nukies and blobs and medbay bombings, but I enjoyed the action, but I hated how little I could stop it, so I signed up to be a sec officer, instead of a weak little detective. Most of my training from playing detective transitioned flawless over to my skills as a sec officer (robustness, punishment, teamwork with the force, and understanding antagonists and job functions). So I started playing more and more, and I began to enjoy it. I enjoyed keeping order on the station, seeing clean, blood-free floors. I played security officer for about a week, and I spent about 2-6 hours a day playing it. I learned how to fight against blobs, how to fight syndicate nukies, how to make sure you don't be too overbearing as a security officer, and many things I felt like are very important. Then I noticed there was a general lack of  communication with fellow comrade officers, some just don't answer their radio, or fail to pay attention to the blob taking over medbay, or are too busy beating up and permabrigging the clown. Security has always needed leadership, and I think I could fill in that gap if I get accepted to be an HoS. When I asked HoS [b]Montgommery Scott earlier today if I could get a recommendation, he said "Absolutely".[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Keep in mind that you don't want to ruin the fun for the antagonists, permabrigging a spy is just overkill unless they committed a crime justifying it. Brig them for 5 minutes, confiscate the PDA and any syndicate tools, and let him go. If you remove all the antagonists from the station, what's the point of the game with no conflict?
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I remember playing on RP server a while back, I was a mechanic with a friend of mine, and there was a huge revolution. I was a revolutionary and managed to convince the security I was loyalty-implanted, and I snuck in. The sec team had set up a beautiful safe zone while the station around them burned. There were about 15 non-revolutionaries who were hiding out in the sec bunker, and the entire sec force was being commanded by their HoS in a beautiful manner, they were holding out barricades in a perfect line behind rails, and were doing an excellent job holding everyone back, I tried to welderbomb the room in order to hopefully cause chaos to let my revolutionary friends it, but the sec team stopped me so perfectly I wasn't mad at all. This is one of the reasons why I want to be HoS, the idea of order in the sec team under dire conditions.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Make HoS a more loose role to pick, not an application, but requires a certain number of games played as sec and should be elected by the captain. There's too many rounds where I see no HoS, and the team is in shambles. Another alternative could maybe be just encourage more people to apply for HoS.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    If I am the only security officer, I really have to play it careful, you have to let some things slide and understand when you're not getting paid enough for the bullshit your about to go into. For example, I was in a 40 pop server, I was the only sec officer. No assistant, no detective, no HoS. Instantly, the mechanic team started handing out C-Sabres, I could have stopped them with a bigger team, but I knew I couldn't handle them. Then, right after that, the captain started handing out AA to clowns. If we had a full team and an HoS, we could have stopped this incompetency, but I couldn't so I backed off and just dealt with smaller things that much better suited my paygrade, like stopping staff assistants from breaking into sec, or EVA.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Theres a bunch of security gimmicks that I've wanted to run, most of which are mostly less than legal, but if I ever got to be antag and managed to take control of security, I would capture any and all lings, werewolves, and vampires, capture them and put them in a box, and feed prisoners to it to "study" it in an SCP-style fashion. Either that or just pit prisoners against each other and whoever wins get's their freedom and get one "get out of jail free" pass.
  • Draw a picture!
    Duke Nukem Quote: https://imgur.com/a/q4SqBvJ
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
A few months back when I was new to the game I pulled up an autoclicker and started spamming the shit out of the lighter because my dumbass thought it was funny, it was a short 2 hour ban I think but just thought it would be good to include.

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Jakson - 02-10-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by rando212 - 02-10-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Recusor - 02-10-2021, 09:33 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by fosstar - 02-13-2021, 09:27 AM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Retrino - 02-14-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Jakson - 02-14-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Drago156 - 02-14-2021, 07:07 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Retrino - 02-15-2021, 12:41 AM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Jakson - 02-15-2021, 04:58 PM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by arcticmog - 02-17-2021, 05:00 AM
RE: HoS Application for Duke Nukem - by Jakson - 02-19-2021, 01:38 PM