Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bring back Ass Day
I dunno. It feels like the people complaining about Ass Day making people leave or not play because of ONE day of the month being different is sorta like people joining RP server and getting mad that people are RPing. If someone doesnt like Ass Day they probably shouldnt have been joining the one server the one day that Ass Day was going on. There was 2 or 3 other Goon servers they could have played on if they didn't enjoy Ass Day.
(02-11-2021, 04:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I dunno. It feels like the people complaining about Ass Day making people leave or not play because of ONE day of the month being different is sorta like people joining RP server and getting mad that people are RPing. If someone doesnt like Ass Day they probably shouldnt have been joining the one server the one day that Ass Day was going on. There was 2 or 3 other Goon servers they could have played on if they didn't enjoy Ass Day.

Wire and the staff literally have the stats to prove the effect it had.
Lets see the stats then. That'd be interesting

Now that we have overflow servers etc... I don't see why it would be a huge deal. Make it the 13th of every month on overflow. A server thats already lightly populated mostly with ppl who just want to experiment
I like the idea of a an ass jam like event where experimental features and old and silly maps are activated and the admins get to test whatever weird features they've yet to balance and do plenty of admin shenagains, as well as a server with everyone is antag on all the time for those who want carnage and chaos and dont know how to set up their own repository and such
Nah, though the last time this was discussed I brought up making it more rare, like only on Friday the 13ths.
I would personally love to see the 13ths being used as dedicated admin meme days at least. I miss all the shenanigans personally.
High pop on ass day was like, 30 people from the 50-70 we had. Ass jam had a similar effect. The effect was more muted with 4 servers to spread out on, but I remember ass jams getting moved off main to main overflow because of the violence, and then ass jam overflow only had like 20 people on it.

a dedicated admin shenanigans day seems like a lot to ask of the admins.
most peeps have a "home" server that they join on from the hub because that's the one that they play on. Many of these players wouldn't join other servers on ass day; they just left.

Ass jam was terrible for numbers, and as it turns out, the less we forced people to participate the less they participated. The last couple I remember had like 5 people on the server, and there's not much incentive for an admin to go wild on a server with five people.
Nah, let ass day be a thing of the past.

What I would like to see is say, certain antags like wraith having higher chances on the 13th, or for antag caps to be higher than they are.

That way, those days are both "unlucky" while possibly driving up player counts by making it more likely you'll
1. Get to be an antag
2. Get to fight rare antags
Assday should just have regenerating asses and buttbots be 25% smaller.
We have this beautiful, whacky sandbox with vast mechanics to explore and yet the only time we're given the chance to get free reign with them is completely random and never very likely to satisfy.
I preferred Assday when it was Friday the 13th instead of the 13th of every month. It made it some sort of Goon holiday, and extra special day out of the year for people to mess around. I think one of the things that killed assjam was that it was every month instead of every once in a while. Too much of a fun thing eventually gets ruined because it happens too much.