Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
subs on station turfs
right now the only answer sec really has to people griefing the station with submarines is to either yell at them and hope they stop (which they never do) or gun them down, causing the sub to explode, which causes a breach. there's literally no other way to stop them. no way to disable the submarine to pull the driver out, nothing short of fucking blowing the damn thing up which results in a breach which is Bad. either nerf submarines being on station tiles or give security a non-explosive way to disable subs on station turfs
I thought shooting pods and subs with a taser will shut them down for enough time to yank them out?
Hasn't been that way for... a year or so?
if you hit the sub with a heavy melee item like a fire extinguisher, doesnt that stun the occupant? it did that for at least a, couple weeks
I know batons do jack shit to subs, but it's very hard just to get into melee with a sub right now. They can lightly tap you and send you flying away and then laser/taser/phaser you while you are on the ground.
could also just give them a movement penalty for when they're not on the normal seafloor/reinforced floor. maybe say that the wet treads are slipping a ton on the smooth floor idk.
I don't understand why they were even allowed on station turfs to begin with aside from reinforced plating, since I'm fairly certain the change that prevented pods from being on station turf was made at least a few months prior to Oshan's release, so it would've only made sense for such a similar vehicle to also be turf restricted. They're also incredibly fucking powerful if mounted with the right weapon and especially with the armored ones like security or nukie subs, they can cause quite a bit of damage. I'm not certain but it also isn't that much better if they can open warp portals in the station, since those can gib people walking through them.

I don't think they should be allowed on station turf period and should be completely restricted without reinforced plating, or at least taking a lot of structural damage trying to rip through the station floor.
I had ideas for an overheat mechanic where the air of the station is completely unsuited for cooling the sub, and that lack of circulation in a flooded station also interferes with cooling. In other words, being on the station at all would cause the sub to overheat, either slowly or quickly depending on how many systems were active and if you were actively using weapons.