HoS application
Sad 
Usual character name: Cement Clement
BYOND username: Eternal Muerto
Discord username (if you are on our discord): -
Recommended by (if applicable): -
Goon servers you play: Goonstation RP

Reason for application:

First of all - sorry for my poor english, not native language.
When i plaing there is almost everytime no HoS, and espessially when he needed. Head of Security is combination of security and command and i have expirience in both. I want to try (at least) to lead security officers and assistants, judge bad guys when it's not obvios etc.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I played already bunch of security rounds, know how to use SecMate, cameras, foresic scaner, know statuses, familar with [b]RecordTrak. I had all variety of rounds from absolutely chill no antags to bloodthirsty bunch of traitors + spys + sleeper agents.[/b]
[b]I had few rounds where i was only one sec. There were psycho barman, fight with maneater. Ofcourse there were rounds where all was quite an i just patrolled station printing tickets for littering and bumping into me.[/b]
[b]Were rounds when we had few security officers, security assistants, all was quiet and then chaos begins. We were disoriented, not organized at all, separated. Captain was busy with something else. We lost 2 officers and kinda win few battles and were not sure what we should do with criminals - kill? cap not declines and not accepts, borg? same with cap etc. And there was no head of security who could make decision. Oof, it was aweful![/b]
[b]And was other round when head of security was on their post. We had 2-3 officers and head of security on our side and 3 spys on other side. We detected few suspitios crewmates, and were looking for them, then 2 of them start aggressive moves. HoS commands as to arrest one, interrogation, search, release, then same with second one, then third. Finds out that 3rd was send to protect HoS. At the and 3rd spy was left free with his tools for his PDA, 1st borged and 2nd dead (suicide). It was very cool and fun round.[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Talk first, be gentle. Do not rush, if you feel things may become hot - call for backup.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Played AI, one secoff, changeling, assasines and 'feck all' cap. Sec was on edge and i started to talk about antags moves on general radio. Few civil, eng crewmates comes to security for backup and together they foughed and wins. I was happy that secoff stays and continue to fight and all departments comes to help. (All cause medics arrived to heal militia
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I not sure about benefits, but i realy would like to see security medic "class" (layout, role). Cause i like play medical, but also want to be in security and it logical (?) to have military doctor.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Full security team: better communication and share my responsibilities. Only security officer: carring more firearms (stun AND lethal), more robust and suspicious.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Angry/grumpy and robust but ready to help and easy ageed if they talks, gentle and not resisting. Allowing to be a little shittery if it not too much (like breaking into armory, bridge, stealing dangerous/important things like freeform module or cap's spare id etc.)
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None, just one strange conversation with admins
Although i have seen you on for a few rounds as security, I don't feel like I've seen you play it a lot yet. I've also not had a lot of interactions with you, which can be fine I guess, but i did have one round a couple of days ago where i was a janitor thief. I picked up an easy objective 5 minutes into the round to get a syringe gun and went to the janitors office to grab some gear to get started with cleaning up the station. In the office, which is neighbored to the main hallway in kondaru i decided to put the syringe gun I got into a trashbag, putting it into my hand made a clicking noise. In a matter of seconds you rush into the janitors office because you "heard" something, i say i don't know and it was probably something in medbay, which could be true because the MD has a syringe gun too. You decide that i have to be searched and you find it in my trashbag. Sure, everything fine, except i have one problem. This was all still 5 minutes into the round and you literally had no reason to be so suspicious. You basically messed up my antag round because you heard a "clicking" noise and immediately thought of guns and antags 5 minutes into the round without even giving me a chance to get started, it felt like you were on my ass for the rest of the round after that. Remember that there is a rule to be nice to antags, especially on RP, and this didn't feel nice at all.

So its going to be a no for me for now. Get some more experience and i want to play a few rounds with you in security and i might change my mind.

Oh, just remembered. I'd also like to add that i was an officer with you as a sec assistant on a clarion round where you got thralled by a vampire before i arrived. When i got to you i saw you were thralled and wanted to get you help and you refused, fine. I caught the vampire that thralled you and they we're clearly ordering that you should say that you attacked the vampire. Instead you decided to ignore their orders and say that a miner attacked you instead, which you just can't do as a mindslave.
(02-09-2021, 11:26 AM)Luxizzle Wrote: "You basically messed up my antag round because you heard a "clicking" noise and immediately thought of guns and antags 5 minutes into the round without even giving me a chance to get started, it felt like you were on my ass for the rest of the round after that."

"...clearly ordering that you should say that you attacked the vampire"

1st i think security job - be curios about all guns and gun noises, you know serve and protect. I indeed confiscate your gun, cause it says "controband level 3", but i literally had no attention to you rest of shift, wasn't suspitios etc. Bad to hear i ruined your shift anyway.
2nd there was no clearly orders to say so. Earlier i was ordered 'to do my job and shit' so when intorragation was processed i made correction that miner attacs me first and that's all, i don't say vampire was involved at all...

It's not like "please please please change your opinion", just to clarify both stories.

Thanks for your reply!
I recently watched a round where you had stolen HoS gear, (the egun and the boots), as an officer on RP. Then throughout that round you went out of your way to make the round very unfun for a sleeper agent by using sacred sandals as well. I am very unimpressed with this powergaming behavior, definitive misunderstanding on how to make security fun for the antagonist, and lack of respect for the HoS position by stealing their stuff on RP no less! Massive no from me until you fix your current behaviour.
As the sleeper from the round Dim is referring to, I feel like my input on this is important.

I'm gonna have to say I don't think you should be HoS yet, that particular round showed you kind of went out of your way to use HoS gear to try your hardest to take me in for feeding you "bone hurting juice" and then taking the HoS boots that weren't yours in the first place.

You fired at me missing an entire taser gun, then surprised me by pulling out a second (HoS's?) taser gun and emptying that at me, the captain hit me with their saber and you did nothing to stop the drastic escalation to lethals by them.

While yes, I did disarm them and stab them back I felt that at that point I was about to be killed over the boots. Apparently the captain put a bounty my head as well, which I found hugely overboard.

Later down the round I managed to take a security officer hostage in the chapel with Faith, saying so over Security PDA, cue you running up in some sandals that made you so ridiculously fast that I ahelped it because I thought you were exploiting, but it was some shoes a Janitor found in a crate and gave to you.

You shoved me and stunned>cuffed me basically immediately for the boots back. Some random person freed me and I tried to feed you poison in the shuttle, to which you tried to unload laser mode on me.

I've had another round as Ling where I stung you as you were HoP, took your ID and used it to give myself all access. I gave it right back and even woke you up with smelling salts, shook you awake and then was like "Hey buddy, you ok?" And your first words on the radio were "CAL STUNG ME" which really made my round go downhill as even though I tried my best to rp I just kept having to deal with a captain and Ai that was on my ass nonstop.

The worst part is that you said that -I- ruined -YOUR- ling round after it ended, in ooc.

The lack of regard for trying to roleplay even though I could have ended your round right there as you ALSO STUNG ME back but I had smelling salts on me, was not great to say the least. Even though that happened I didn't call you out until I thought it could save my own skin.

To sum it up: as a player on the receiving end of you on Command and Security, hard no until you take some time and prove you care to act responsibly.
Alright so after playing a round with you in security, you haven't improved one bit. You really like to stock up on gear without any reason. You immediately got treads, fully armored up and no communication. I thought I'd give you the chance to take the lead as you have this app up, but instead you were basically silent all shift over comms, even when i ask you whats going on. And just the very direct behavior, no chance of talking with people when youre around since youre way to fast to pull a gun. the powergaming still holds true too, i have observed you with traitor gear in your bag multiple times.

I'm going to be honest, you are what i dislike seeing the most in security and i think you need to take a consideration of whats fun for the antagonist.
I knew I had played a few rounds with you as sec alongside me, but I didn't really remember how you acted in them. I realize now that's because you don't talk at all on comms. In a recent round you completely ignored me every time I asked how was everyone at security doing, you took Syndicate Drone boards from cargo without saying a word, according to them at least, and didn't reply to me when I said that it was a bad thing to do on the radio.

Being a good HoS is most of the times, especially on RP, about coordination and communication with your team, not being a threaded supersoldier.
Ok, i see that i should delete my application, but how i can do it?
And i will never take sec again if i aparently so bad
Every round I'm John Hawkins, Head of Security, I do a roll call at the beginning of the round to help figure out which security I know I can count on to listen in case I start yelling bloody murder. Not once have I ever heard Security Officer Cement Clement respond to not only that, but to even basic instructions. Add to at least one time that I saw you taze and arrest someone seemingly out of nowhere while I was too busy with something else to properly yell at you only makes me feel that you see Head of Security not as someone given more responsibility to help make the round fun for everyone, but more as the Good guy who has to stop the Bad guys.

I wouldn't find this acceptable on the normal server, but the fact that this is on the RP server, the one that heavily encourages you...ya know, talk to people, only makes me feel that you getting Head of Security will make the round as unfun as possible.

You shouldn't see this as "Don't ever play sec again", but more along the lines of what you can improve on and how you can make things fun for everyone. Just ask yourself what you think would be acceptable to happen to you if you did what the antagonist did. I'm sure you would be upset if you were spaced just because you were showing off this really cool wrestling belt you won last space summer, right?

Not...uh, not implying you did that, just providing a random example.
The admin team has decided to reject your HoS application due to both negative community feedback and concerns about your behavior among admins; you (i.e. Eternal Muerto, not any schmuck reading this) can forumPM me if you want to know about the latter. You're welcome to reapply after 60 days from today, which would be May 16th. Like Technature explained, take this as an opportunity to reflect upon your sec skills and general behavior. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but these people do want to see you improve, and you may not like the change or not getting your way, but it ultimately is for the better.