Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Prevent RPG ammo in the zip gun
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][INPUT WANTED]

About the PR
Prevents MPRT rocket ammo being loaded into zip guns.
This change only affects nuclear gametype as there is no other source of this ammunition.

Why's this needed?
The nukie exclusive MRPT RPG ammo can be loaded into zipguns. Infiltrators can use this for a stealthy, one handed, belt worn weapon that will be guaranteed to gib the captain/HOS or kill a small crowd with a 33% chance of failure (never on first shot) that will only put you into red health if it fails on the second shot.
This is very strong and I have successfully used it to pull off an assassination with basically no risk to myself due to the cloaking device. The regular MRPT launcher is still available for the rest of the nukies to use.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flappybat
(*)Blocks MRPT rocket ammo from being loaded into the zip gun.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I don't know about this one while suddenly getting gibbed feels cheep i feel like it would be more detrimental to the nukies to do this there letting off thats theres a nukie infil inside so they could start getting prepped early as well as with how janky mprt is for me at least there's a good chance it just wont gib if they were moving.
Just remove the zip guns ability to load any ammo entirely imo, I'd rather we have different makeshift weapons for different ammo types than one that does it all, and leads to stuff like this, where people load RPG rockets, or OHR rounds into a zipgun and get a basically free instant kill on anyone at the cost of a limb and maybe a stun. Though I understand that such a drastic change is best not done all in one go, so for now, I'm content with this.
(02-08-2021, 03:35 PM)Trustworthy Wrote: Just remove the zip guns ability to load any ammo entirely imo, I'd rather we have different makeshift weapons for different ammo types than one that does it all, and leads to stuff like this, where people load RPG rockets, or OHR rounds into a zipgun and get a basically free instant kill on anyone at the cost of a limb and maybe a stun. Though I understand that such a drastic change is best not done all in one go, so for now, I'm content with this.

I agree with this direction
I thought using RPG ammo in a zip gun would already give it a high chance to explode
Also considering this would only affect nuke rounds I don't see the point in this PR. This would only harm the crew from stealing RPG rounds from the syndies and using it on them.
(02-08-2021, 06:29 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I thought using RPG ammo in a zip gun would already give it a high chance to explode
Also considering this would only affect nuke rounds I don't see the point in this PR. This would only harm the crew from stealing RPG rounds from the syndies and using it on them.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. Only the Nukies have the foresight to know what mode it is and how to prepare. Even more so that they're the only ones that can consistently utilise the RPG rounds
(02-08-2021, 06:29 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I thought using RPG ammo in a zip gun would already give it a high chance to explode

I am pretty sure that if you can take a nukeop's bag and steal their ammo, you usually already took their gun.
Removing it entirely might step on toes seeing as it's the big gimmick of the zipgun. I think it's been exploited a bit with some .308 ammo out in space that got made harder to get.

You are guaranteed one shot from a zip gun with no failure. With a 33% chance of failure on the RPG ammo there is a good chance you will get to fire two rockets.

As a one handed, belt wearable weapon it's very easy to handle and is subtle plus you can also have a cloak.

There is potential for stolen RPG but it's going to be very rare and most likely the nukie with the RPG would also have the ammo. I don't think I have ever seen the crew use zip guns against nukies as they are better off with armory weapons and chemicals. Not a lot of ammo on the station and you are more likely to get a dropped nukie gun than dropped ammo.
(02-08-2021, 03:35 PM)Trustworthy Wrote: Just remove the zip guns ability to load any ammo entirely imo, I'd rather we have different makeshift weapons for different ammo types than one that does it all, and leads to stuff like this, where people load RPG rockets, or OHR rounds into a zipgun and get a basically free instant kill on anyone at the cost of a limb and maybe a stun. Though I understand that such a drastic change is best not done all in one go, so for now, I'm content with this.

+1 to this, Id rather have things like a makeshift pistol, that don't blow up, but can only load pistol ammo. And a makeshift riot launcher or similar. Perhaps a gun that can fire all ammo be a random spawn in debris safes or such. It would make sense that a pilot would have some sort of defense weapon.