DisturbHerb's (Rupert Wilde) Mentor Application
Sad 
Usual character name: Rupert Wilde (Human), ADVISOR (Silicon)
BYOND username: DisturbHerb (Main ckey), PeturbHerb (I needed more cloud saves.)
Discord username (if you are on our discord): DisturbHerb#8888
Recommended by (if applicable): Jan.antilles, Nefarious6th
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 3 and 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I have been a semi-active Ssethtide player since I first joined Goonstation in late 2019-early 2020. My main hideout was the roleplay servers (mainly Goon RP 4, previously RP1) and have made myself familiar with the community here. Most of my experience of the game is quite varied, but I'm reasonably knowledgable in the basics of all the roles and some more advanced knowledge for things like Command and Security.

While I have played, I've made genuine attempts to show new players the ropes if I'm given the rare chance to do so.  Teaching people about this farty spacegame that I've been passionate about is definitely very rewarding. Lord knows that this game's learning curve is a vertical wall, and I'd like to play my part in easing the new people in to the game and bullying them into joining the Discord so I can aggressively befriend them. Anything I can do to flatten the difficulty curve, I could do better with access to mentor tools.

While I have had few chances to actually spend a large amount of time teaching someone, I hope to do so to get better at teaching. I've also been quite active on the Discord server, especially on #rp-server, and I try my best to answer the questions people post.

Not only am I happy to teach, I'm also passionate about learning. Despite this game completely taking over my life at points, there are still so many mechanics I can barely comprehend; station networks, advanced chemistry, chicken breeding, the list goes on. Every round somehow manages to teach me one thing I didn't know before, and I'd be tickled pink if I could help pass on that knowledge.

I like to think that I treat people fairly and in a spirit of friendship, but that's probably subject to debate. At the very least, that's the sort of person I want to be. I want to be someone that's easily approachable and accomodating; something I think is very important to being a mentor.

I think I should also mention how much I actually like the whole RP server and community thing. Throughout my time on RP1 and Sylvester, I've come to know a great amount of people that I genuinely enjoy playing with, and it's what has kept me on Goonstation for so long. The mentors and admins I'm familiar with are consistently great at not only being good at what they do, they also end up being nice people. They also make for great meta-friends for my dumb antag gimmicks and pranks.

I also keep mysteriously being bullied into making my mentor and HoS applications, so I'm hoping this will placate that crowd for a while. Hopefully I'm currently capable enough to be a mentor and, if not, I'll be able to be competent for it at some point.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Previous 14 day ban by UrsulaMejor per my own request.
+1 without a moment's hesitation. Herb is helpful, eager to learn and eager to share, calm under pressure and flexible when a situation changes. He's already been contributing to Goonstation with multiple PRs on the Github, and a wiki page full of paperwork templates that I see pop up often in game. I also trust him to not abuse OOC information in game, and to continue to be conscientious and respectful of other players, since even in difficult situations in the past, I have never seen him act any other way.

Herb is exactly the kind of person that makes a great mentor, and I'm glad to see him finally apply.
+1 for Ripirk Wildi! 

Fantastic RP'er and is great at bringing people into the fold on interactions. I've never had a bad interaction with him in any of the many roles that I've encountered him in. I honestly thought I'd see a HoS app from Herb first since I think he can model and teach impeccable Security etiquette and ideas (and mechanics), but I'm glad this is here because while he does have a super strong grasp on Security knowledge, I've seen him doing a lot of good work in mining and cargo and staff assistant and chef and bartender and lots of areas, and I don't want any of that to go unsung either.

I have a lot of memorable rounds I played with Herb as Security or AI, and got to be a part of many fun conversations or see some really unique interactions happen. Herb has a fantastic sense of escalation and keeping things fun, so I am confident that if other players needed to seek help on that, he can give good advice. I also trust that, because of his commitment to keeping RP rounds exciting for people, the knowledge he might gain through mentorhelp requests would not be used for meta-gaming.

I think Herb has a distinct ability to sense of when people want to be brought into the fold on something too! When there's a bridge or opportunity to better get people to feel like they were present and heard in a round. I want to highlight different moment from what alot of my great RP interactions with him have been, a really brief one though, where I was randomnaming and a miner; after I had already had many other fun adventures chatting as my usual characters with Herb when he played Rupert. I walked into Cargo on Donut3, was getting ignored by the AI and had the QM yell at me no less that 2 minutes after getting on station as the sole miner for there being nothing in the Rockbox for 40 minutes. I was not having a great start to my round and totally planned to kit up and go off-station to the outpost initially but was disappointed I had to scale back to get the station budget in check. Some time later another randomnaming miner (Herb!) latejoined. I finally got to the point of the round where I was a little stinky, a little hungry, and a little smelly, and still not very close to taking off for the asteroid belt, and I just wandered out of mining into the Cargo Bay to sit in the chair right below the doors and Be Grumpy and Stew. And at that point, while my character was sitting all stinky and grumpy in the chair, Herb's character came up to the coffee pot in front of me and brewed a cup, then filled a mug and handed it to me and just said "Coffee?". And we had a little coffee break together and "cheered" with our mugs. After I spent most of the round not talking because I wasn't having the best time. That pivoted my whole mood. I got on to some brief adventuring and finding gold buillions in space. It wasn't the most fantastic round I've ever played, but I thanked whoever in OOC, and when I learned that was Herb, I had to go and thank him again in Discord because that moment meant so much to me at a time when I was super down on myself. It still means a ton to me; I remember it really specifically and fondly and that he showed me extraordinary patience in a moment when I had none left. 

Herb upholds that really high quality of RP in rounds and interacting with people in a way that not only makes me feel like I got to participate in things, but that I was really interacted with, and really valuable in a round. That means the world to me. I want to be able to have everyone have those interactions with Herb too, whether it's a guiding hand when trying to learn something new, or a fun event round or gimmick where people can walk away with a cool story.
Rupert has the right attitude and behaviour for mentor and I think they would fit right in
+1
Herb's good all around while being a competent, active, and helpful community member.

Definitely a good fit for Mentor!

+1
Heck yeah, definitely. Surprised you waited this long to apply.
rupert is a good boy, he deserves to be with the other good guys, gals and non-binary pals.

+1
I really appreciate the effort you have put into making so many useful forms, that alone is deserving of a +1 from me, but you are also a very nice player in general, helpful and polite, glad to see you have applied for mentor!
I haven't played much with Herb in the past couple of months (our preferred roles are usually pretty far apart)! But! Herb has a great attitude both ingame and on discord, and contributes a lot (FORMS!). I would love to see him as mentor. +1
herb is great, they are friendly and helpful, also are happy to teach people new things, they have good mentor traits overall,
+1
+1 stink
DisturbHerb is a nice and approachable fella with a good attitude! They have made some excellent paperwork templates in the past, and on the few occasions I’ve observed them showing someone the ropes I’ve been very impressed with their enthusiasm and patience.

I don’t think for a second that they will abuse meta-knowledge gained from seeing mentorhelps. +1
The admin team has decided to accept your Mentor application. Guess you're specifically a Salvia now that you're a purple (Disturb)Herb?