Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
deafeners for HoP
a sort of off shoot of my last suggestion, maybe give the HoP a pair of headphones that can selectively deafen people so they wont have to hear about someone asking for AA.
either that or a gun that silences people so they cant talk for a amount of time, potentially with a added effect like a stun or a knock back to push someone out of line.
I am writing this after a shift I had today where i was annoyed by a QM for 25 minutes with them asking for AA or ID terminal access
Thats an intresting idea, maybe its some sort of tape dispenser gun and shoots out duck tape (to keep the sort of beurocracy theme) and you have to have it removed with either scisors, or just by hand (maybe does a bit of brute damage) and until then you just cant talk
I dunno, this seems like a problem that generally goes away if you just ignore the person in question.

If someone is seriously spending half an hour pestering you about something, just get security to yell at them and take their headset if they don't stop.

Alternatively turn off your own headset, but that has potential problems of course.
In my experience like 1/3rd of the time HoP is extremely rude and abuses their position, so if anything, they should have less stuff. Like their blaster.
blaster? what blaster?
(02-07-2021, 10:58 AM)Technature Wrote: I dunno, this seems like a problem that generally goes away if you just ignore the person in question.

If someone is seriously spending half an hour pestering you about something, just get security to yell at them and take their headset if they don't stop.

Alternatively turn off your own headset, but that has potential problems of course.

I mean, you don't have sec on your radio as hop, so you either have to talk on general, or pda, both would be more ineffective than just having a tool to mute them. Also I don't like calling sec because someone's pestering me, it seems petty
It's security's job to deal with people being idiots, and if sec have nothing to do they're usually more than happy to take anything no matter how petty it is. Not to mention that someone annoying you is a potential job distraction which can get someone in trouble IRL.
Sec just says lol in my limited HoP experience. They shuffle intruders out of your office.

Maybe some of them would give a minute in the brig but breaking and entering is pretty common on LRP.