Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Additional religious role
Tongue 
Hello, I'm new to SS13 and have been enjoying my time on Goonstation. I'm always trying to play as the Chaplain, but it never seems to be available. It would be nice if there were two Chaplains, or a Jr Chaplain or something. Maybe a role that has limited access to ghostchat, like a medium, or a ghostbuster that has access to certain ectoplasm-related-something. You guys are more clever than I am and could probably come up with something better. I also think that it would be more interesting to have two people as the religious team, because the real magic of SS13 is in the interactions.

Also as a side suggestion I think it would be neat if the bible could damage or rebuke spirits.
(02-06-2021, 07:16 PM)quizmar Wrote: Also as a side suggestion I think it would be neat if the bible could damage or rebuke spirits.

You'll be happy to know that that is the case.
I think the limited Chaplain job slots is intentional, since otherwise it makes the job less unique
I've also thought that it would be fun to have a "Chaplain's Assistant" job. Give the Chaplain someone to lord over, make them assist you with your whacky cult ideas, proselytizing, and rituals.
Just to theoughbit out there, Seminary Student could work as a job title? Or Intern?
(02-07-2021, 06:54 AM)Recusor Wrote: Just to theoughbit out there, Seminary Student could work as a job title? Or Intern?
Perhaps random job titles like missionary or something similar?
(02-07-2021, 02:00 AM)Carbadox Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 07:16 PM)quizmar Wrote: Also as a side suggestion I think it would be neat if the bible could damage or rebuke spirits.

You'll be happy to know that that is the case.
I think the limited Chaplain job slots is intentional, since otherwise it makes the job less unique

Chaplain is a hard counter to vampires and wraiths, has healing via the Bible and can cure curses (and is the only one who can cure many of  them), they also get a gun and are resistant to alot of the Wizards fuckery too (not as hard of a counter but definitely an obstacle for a wizard).
The chaplain is a role slot primarily for balance reasons in other words, wraiths and vampires are much more threatening without a chaplain.
I think some redundancy isn't bad. I'd like to see a sort of hybrid job, like paranormal researcher, where they combine the capabilities of chaplain with a scientist or doctor.

They could be a counter to wraith like a chaplain, but maybe have a way of reviving players by capturing their ghosts and transferring them to robotic shells.
A paranormal researcher role would be fun so I can go full Ghost Bros and pretend a ghost touched my ass and then demand to fight it.