Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] New gun addidtion to the "support" sec loadout
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT] [FEATURE] [WIKI]
About the PR

This PR adds a new gun, currently named "Support rifle" to the support security load out, the gun is 2 handed and has 3 modes one injects saline and costs 25pu, the other injects a safer version of ether and costs 75pu and the next injects synaptizine and costs 100pu.

Ok, I need help deciding a new name for it and also want to hear people's thoughts on it thus the '"INPUT" label

Why's this needed?

support load out lacks a ranged weapon and I think adding one that can heal people is pretty fitting

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Arthur Holiday
(*)Added a new gun to the "support" sec loadout, this gun has three modes, one injects saline, the other a safer version of ether and the last one synaptizine

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Kind of neat! I don't think I'd ever personally really be into using this on the loadout, but I like the option existing and I'm sure plenty of people are thankful for it. I think the chem list used is also a good balance between being helpful but not "stealing-MDir's-job". I'd be curious to know the injection amounts and will miss some of the morhpine injectors :'(

I like haloperidol in this a lot though!
I would personally say switch the synaptizine and haloperidol around in pu costs or maybe even make it 200pu in my experience even a single haloperidol dart from a tranq gun is VERY debilitating and can sometimes randomly instantly drop someone for 13 sec for no reason and the slowdown is eminence. so getting hit once would basiclly be a death sentence especially with baton.
Hi, it is me the person who made the PR. The injection amounts are 10~ most of the time, but it depends on if the person who is shot is wearing armor or not(I wanted to make the beneficial ones ignore armor but I am unsure of how I would do this, If anyone knows please tell me)

I have been told haloperidol is a bit too strong for it and I will probably switch that to a safe version of another tranquilizer.
Smelling salts doesn't harm anyone? it only drains some bad chems. Unless im not getting something the haloperidol is supposed to be a ranged way of stopping crimes for support other wise i like the idea of a gun to inject helpful chems into someone.
See the edit I made to the post, I made a mistake when writing it, sorry
Ah ok after doing some testing i would suggest 5u of ether it cuts your stamina regen by 5 meaning it should be easier for a sec to catch up the the bad man and if you hit multiple times it can cause slow down and a 10 sec ko after half a min or so. I would also suggest making it 100pu per shot idk quick idea i have made.
Ooooh good PR but I worry this might honestly become a HoS meta loadout choice. I know I certainly would take it over the just standard for baton and discarding the spare taser. Also consider that any sort of armor mostly or completely blocks the tranqs almost no matter where you're shot at, so I don't think halo is too unfair, especially since I'm assuming this would only have 200-300 pu, so I would agree with switching the synapt and haloperidol costs, meaning you're getting three tranqs tops that way and the person will most likely be trying to avoid them. As for tranqs being too dehabilitating, the KO from 10u isn't all that guaranteed, and while you're going to be slow and blurred vision, it doesn't give confused movement and you can still very easily run from a situation and let it wear off. You can also just take a small amount of char and be through the effects relatively quickly.

Good PR but I'm a bit concerned about it becoming a meta loadout. I'd love to see it in action for a few rounds though and see how it plays out, would definitely give more depth to the support loadout but take some difficulty to effectively use.
Not sure about this as it seems to be trying to push "Sec as a Medic" thing that we've been trying to avoid. It also basically renders the tranq rifle armoury spawns completely redundant. Halperidol darts are restricted to MDir, armoury, or HoS by nature of them being extremely powerful, and throwing them into a loadout is contrary to current balance.
Don't really like this at all, I feel like the haloperidol shot would get the most use by far and it kinda stomps over the existing niche of tranq rifles. I'd rather the support class continue to not have a ranged weapon and it be designed around *that* because I think it's an interesting alternative way to play sec, and making it viable through good non-ranged-weapons would lean more into that. Also not really huge on the sprite design, it *looks* like it should be firing something more energy based and less chemical to me. :eye:
Just changed it to inject a safer version of ether,(no addiction and way higher overdose) instead of haloperidol also made it cost 75pu