Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share your emotional RP server stories here!
(01-31-2021, 11:43 PM)fluidhelix Wrote: We all participate in some really good stories every now and again, so I made this thread for sharing them!

Well I had some hilariously awful luck last night...
I'm not that robust on a good day; it's why I've mostly avoided Goon servers till recently when I found out you now have Roleplay, and my Internet has been rather shite recently so lag plagues me in ANYTHING multiplayer.
After having watched Tex's latest Spaceman escapades on Youtube, I got nostalgic for 2d space and decided to try out Morty, since Roleplay is generally mellower and you have less of a chance of being deaded by someone's shenanigans'.
Unfortunately, I forgot that it's only LESS of a chance, and Goons especially will do stupid shit for the sake of stupid shit...

So, I've been easing back in, putzing around mostly as a Pod Pilot so as to not accidentally the Station while shaking off my Spessrust.
Eventually, I got confidant enough to start as a miner, and after a somewhat uneventful round getting the hang of Goonmining thanks to the help of a more experienced miner named Hank, I had some comedically bad luck come the next shift.
To start off, for some reason Hank decides to go full Leeroy Jinkins.
We're only a few 'roids in before he's magneting in a Rock full of EREBITE!
Again, the only upgrade we've gotten are Larger Ore Satchels at this point, and I try to point out it's PROBABLY not a good idea to mine a 'roid filled with highly radioactive ore.
Hank does it anyways while I'm fitzing next to the Rockbox and the Material Processor with the remnants of my last haul, half killing himself on the first go from the radiation poisoning alone.
...So of course he tries to finish the 'roid with a second pass, and actually manages to get another load of Erebite ore to the Box...
...Where it explodes during loading, somehow not outright killing Hank and taking my right arm off since I'm next to ground zero.
Other than being down an arm I'm in decent shape, so I hobble over to Medbay while the AI, who was also apparently subverted by the Syndicates, is generally killing everyone via hazards.
Since I'm not one of the ones dying, I have a longesh wait complaining to any who'd hear about how much it sucks to mine with only one arm, but eventually get a Cyborg Replacement.

As this is now about an hour into the shift, my Spessman is rather dehydrated, hungry, and grimy, so I decide I'll swing by the Civilian section for a Shower, a LOT of water, and to try and find something to eat.
Shower goes easy enough and thankfully the Water Cooler in the Gym still has it's bottle, but after eating the only piece of cake left out at the bar, I figured it'd be better to actually buy some sustenance from a Vending Machine since Goons gonna Goon and any player created foodstuffs are probably stuff to the gills with drugs.
...Until I spot some Bananas left out in the Arcade, forget that GOONS ARE GONNA GOON!
The Bananas are boobytraps, tasting awful and creating a fiery explosion in my gut that puts me into Crit just as a Radiation Storm is about to hit the Station.
Thankfully the Janitor hauls my mostly dead ass into Maintenance, then bridal carries me back to Medbay to be resuscitated.
Still, I'm now practically collapsing from Hunger, so I get a Hungry Dan's TV Dinner and a set of plastic silverware outside of Cargonia.
While the package of plastic cutlery doesn't explode on me this time, the fork does snap immediately...
I try to head over to Cargo from the pod bay I've set up my meal in to either buy another crappy plastic fork or maybe just fabricate a REAL one, but a lag spike sees me accidentally tumbling into Belt Hell.
This wasn't that bad as I was still in full Mining kit, so I turned on my O2 and waited, stopping at some clog in the mailing system...
...Only to try another belt that fed me right into a Gibber.
And thus ends my story!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Share your emotional RP server stories here! - by Whiteagle - 04-14-2021, 08:40 AM