Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Targetable emotes bring up a list of things to target
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]
About the PR

Certain targetable emotes now bring up a list of things to interact with if not given a target. For instance, you do "say *hug" and it'll display a list of nearby objs and mobs you can hug. If the thing moves out of interaction range (for things where distance matters), it'll return a message about how the thing isn't in range.

Emotes that do this!
- *hug, *sidehug (Hugs passes the emote params, which suppresses the dialog box)
- *blowkiss
- *bow
- *nodto (*nod doesn't do this, cus keybinds)
- *saluteto (ditto)
- *waveto (same)
- *glare, *look, *stare, *leer
- *flipoff, *flipbird, *middlefinger (diluted fliptonium doesn't trigger these) (Also ignores distance checks)
- *doubleflip, *doubledeuce, *doublebird, *flip2 (Ignores distance checks too)
- *boggle (Ignores distance check)
- *shakefist (Ignores distance check)
- *handshake, *shakehand, *shakehands (Mobs only)
- *dap, *daps (the heck is a dap) (Mobs only)
- *slap, *bitchslap, *smack (Mobs only)
- *highfive (Mobs only)

Also splits *salute, *wave, and *nod each into two emotes, one using the target dialog, and the other not. The ones that use the target dialog are *saluteto, *waveto, and *nodto, so these can be used with this without making the hotkey emotes annoying to spam.

Also, most of these emotes also accept objs as their target, so you can blow kisses to vending machines and shake their fists at Beepsky.

Why's this needed?

Its always been soo inconvenient to hug people. I like to flip people off, but don't like typing out their name.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Superlagg
(+)Most targetable emotes now bring up a menu of valid targets.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Thank GOD the lack of this made these emotes nigh unusable, I'm very happy to see this
Is it a window prompt? Personally I'd love something that used the used a targeting system like, say, wizard spells where your mouse cursor turns into the aiming reticle and you then click somewhere to complete the emote.

I feel like it's less immersion breaking/more intuitive but that's just a personal preference