Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Telerubber and Self counters
Currently, through a bit of RNG through safes, or just hard work from mining, you can very easily make Telerubber. Telerubber has a bunch of nifty and big-brain uses, but as an antagonistic item, its very powerful.

Telerubber is a near on damage random teleport to save yourself, and a near on demand GET OUT spell as if a wizard, but randomly shunting folks away from yourself.

I think Telerubber is far to easy to acquire for the massive benefits you get from it, as such I wish to propose a change, and if anyone else has an opinion on if it should go differently, please post here.

Telerubber failure - Telerubber still works as normal, I shove myself, I random teleport, I shove you, you random teleport. But sometimes, I shove myself, and theres a 5% chance that instead of teleporting myself away, if I said, had a Telerubber gloves, my gloves teleport away to a random tile. They also rip the skin off my body dealing brute and bleeding damage, and arrive at said random tile with a bit of blood. Perhaps add a minor stun effect to the random warp failure as well, maybe 1s or so.

Telerubber keeps all of its main benefits, but it also has an RNG fail chance.
Yea, right now, tele-gloves are stupidly overpowered. If you have them, you are impossible to kill. I like your idea with the 5% fail chance, because it makes it so that you can't spam teleport everywhere.
I think maybe telecrystal anything should have it's teleport chance increased. Not sure what happened to chance over the years but it feels like it's super rare to random teleport holding those things any more. Also maybe make it so teleporting someone else with the gloves teleports you as well, and make the wearer's teleport radius larger, increasing the chance of teleporting into space or something.

I also think adding the fail chance would be a good idea on top of what I said before.

Telecrystals are also FAR EASIER to get than what RGB said. Random traders on the QM console often sell TCs at max amounts of 20 per trader, and there's a number of places around debris where you can quickly get a few TCs fairly reliable and safely.