Head of Security application: Synchronizer Jade
Usual Character Name: Synchronizer Jade

BYOND Username: Ividyon

Recommended by (if applicable): ---

Times Available: Sensible European times. Plenty of free time. GMT+1.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

The wiki article on the Head of Security is really inspiring, particularly the line about the HoS being more of a "beacon of light" than a super-robust syndie slaying machine. I find Security interesting and wish to make the game interesting for participants, by giving Traitors a high value target to attack and by dispensing sensible justice.

I am sick and tired of Security stripping and brigging people forever, then just spewing them out without ever giving them any items back. I wish to remedy this kind of behavior and have some order in rounds I play, make Security a fun sector to interact with for everyone, as well as receive more love and respect from the active players simply by being a Head of Staff in the security role.

Also the Armory has a backup comm relay which is always lovely.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

While I am a fairly new player, I've played a bunch of Security rounds, and I find it hilarious how players will whine about "shitcurity" even if all you do is perform your job. Generally Security gets a shitton of hate for no reason, so I would like to face the challenge of proving myself as reliable and respectable despite the odds. I had doubts about applying for HoS because of the robustness requirement behind being one of the most targeted players on the station, but I believe that, even if I often get slain by capable hands, that isn't necessarily a bad thing (except for me who has to sit and wait in deadchat). Personally I hope to be more of a 'humane' kind of Head of Staff who deals with people respectfully and politely and, hopefully, receives respect and politeness back for it (although, knowing Goonstation, that's fairly unlikely).

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
I believe that the Security wing is a bit too vulnerable to attack from Maintenance, as it is surrounded by many maint tunnels. Other than that, I don't really have much of an opinion on flaws and benefits. I think it's just right!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
His ears are super dumb.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None
Welp, you are missing the word count on both texts, please try again.
Oof, apologies, some sort of brainfart made me stare at the character count rather than the word count. Also I withdraw my application for now and I will try again some later time, after gathering more experience.
ividyon Wrote:Oof, apologies, some sort of brainfart made me stare at the character count rather than the word count. Also I withdraw my application for now and I will try again some later time, after gathering more experience.

Do that and I'm sure you will become a HoS one day.
Missing words, and your a rude dude. No
Hey guys, can we please stop focusing on the word count? I'm sure most of the admins who decide on the HoS apps are smart enough to check for that or decide when it matters.

I also have yet to see this guy in action.
Wydamn Wrote:Hey guys, can we please stop focusing on the word count? I'm sure most of the admins who decide on the HoS apps are smart enough to check for that or decide when it matters.

I also have yet to see this guy in action.

I am just informing the OP. OP must know v
Dems the rules i'm afraid, so you could resubmit the application with additional wording, but you seem set on withdrawing the application. Which is a good idea in my opinion, as I haven't really seen you play, let alone play heads or security, which is pretty important.
If you're looking to gather more experience, play more heads (like captain/HoP) or security (detective counts too!) and build up a reputation for being a fun levelheaded guy where people recognize your name for all the right reasons, then your application will be a breeze. That being said from reading your application now, you seem to definitely have the a good HoS mindset.