Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Want some Feedback
Thumbs Up 
Hey there! I'm trying my hand at mapping. I've always had ideas for stations, and while this isn't my first rodeo with byond's mapping tools, this is the first time I'm seriously pushing forward with a map. It helps that, beyond the clunkiness of the program, it's actually quite easy to wrap your head around.

Anyways, I just wanted a bit of feedback for this medbay I've been working on over this weekend. While I'm typically NOT a medbay person, I've been playing borg a lot recently and thus naturally found myself gravitated towards helping out medbay and trying out the medbay module. So I've been playing a lot of medbay rounds, and that inspired me to try and make a medbay I would enjoy.

Big-Ass Picture ahead:
[Image: uG8MLcR.png]

My general goals for "my" version of a medbay was to have a bit of privacy. On a map like cogmap, pretty much everything medbay related happens in one big room. Naturally, the department devolves into chaos very very quickly. While it gives janitor something to do, I wanted to sort of spread medbay out a bit to prevent this from happening. I actually added in a second OR with a bit of privacy, complete with blinds, so that doctors, traitors, and doctor-traitors can have a more one-on-one surgery. The only thing I'm worried about is the department being perhaps too big, meaning that if you need to drag someone from OR to cloning, you have to walk through the entire department with a rotting body. Plus the genetic's monkey pen being public facing, which might mean genetics losing all of their precious monkeys given a bombing or something similar. And perhaps me forgetting about some items essential to the medbay experience (as I said, I'm not a medbay person)
What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Want some Feedback - by MedicInDisquise - 01-24-2021, 02:44 AM
RE: Want some Feedback - by Comrade f191 - 01-24-2021, 04:50 AM
RE: Want some Feedback - by MedicInDisquise - 01-24-2021, 06:10 AM
RE: Want some Feedback - by Comrade f191 - 01-24-2021, 07:44 AM
RE: Want some Feedback - by Carbadox - 01-24-2021, 08:32 AM