Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Change armory authorization to require security locker access
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT]

About the PR

This PR changes armory authorization to require security locker access, as opposed to regular security access. It also removes security locker access from vice officers. This means lawyers, vice officers, and detectives (and security assistants once they're merged) cannot participate in armory authorization, as they do not have the required access.

Why's this needed?

I think it's good if only the HoS and "full" members of security have the ability to authorize the armory open.

Changelog

Code:
(u)Flourish:
(*)Authorizing the armory open now requires security equipment access (the access you need to open security lockers) as opposed to regular security access. This means lawyers, vice officers, and detectives can no longer help authorize it open.
(+)Vice officers no longer have security equipment access.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
please. im tired of detectives and whatever staffies the captain throws at us and lawyers authing armory.
Of course I could always be missing something, but I see no downsides. +1 from me
looks good to me
good change. yes.
had no idea that the lawyer horde could open the armory. This is a very good change.
A bit sad the det can't authorise anymore, in my limited experience the ones that do armory authorisation tend to be pretty involved as sec.
Yes, good. Finally flourish does something good instead of evil. I hope it doesn't change her alignment.
Seems about right. If the detective can't open a security locker than they shouldnt be authoritizing armory. Of course this doesnt stop the captain/HoP from making multiple security IDs and authing the armory that way.
(01-24-2021, 05:25 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Seems about right. If the detective can't open a security locker than they shouldnt be authoritizing armory. Of course this doesnt stop the captain/HoP from making multiple security IDs and authing the armory that way.

imo only the HoS should be able to give IDs sec access but that is a discussion for another thread.
(01-24-2021, 05:25 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Seems about right. If the detective can't open a security locker than they shouldnt be authoritizing armory. Of course this doesnt stop the captain/HoP from making multiple security IDs and authing the armory that way.

IIRC Armory auth checked fingerprint and ID, so you'd have to swap out for a new arm every time
(01-24-2021, 05:40 PM)Boxta Wrote:

IIRC Armory auth checked fingerprint and ID, so you'd have to swap out for a new arm every time

I mean the captain/HoP could just give two ids to some other grey suits to auth it but yeah its more trouble