Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[MERGED PR] Security Vendor Changes
Update: Re-added the 300 power cells to both sec pouch and utility. Also added the "Just a Baton" loadout which comes with no ranged weapon. It doesn't come with anything more than baton + barrier. The whole point of these changes are to remove one loadout being "better" than the others because it comes with better bonus items.
This PR is cool AS LONG AS we don't start making Forensic scanners more rare. I want them to be used much more often and be RIGHT there in front of all security so they can see them plain as day.
I main Sec. Personally, I like the idea of tokens but I dislike it's implementation. There's to me, not any particular reason not to take my standard loadout everytime.

What I would like to see is something that keeps in mind the heart of the current loadout idea, but adds more options.

For instance, I don't want the grenades that come with the Control kit. I'd love to be able to swap them out with items I do want, but the pool of items I get to choose from should be based around the idea of control. A roll of zip cuffs would be a good utility option for that "class"

For Support, having more options like forensic scanner, or a higher defense tier helmet cam might be good utility options.
(01-21-2021, 10:07 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: when I gave them the 300 power cell, I also rebalanced how all the charge costs for all energy cell using equipment worked. they have that cell with the expectation that they can use it to make one of their weapons a "main weapon" with a bit of a boost. the 300 cell is roughly equivalent to what they had before, because stun batons used to have a 300PU cell inside them. what you would do is swap your 200pu cell into your stun baton for a 300u cell, then put that one on your taser for extra shots

Maybe this is a supplementary discussion but is the "main weapon" assumption on the basis that both start with 200u cells? Because both the taser shotgun and wavegun start with 300u cells, you might as well just pop the spare into your baton.
I don't think the medkit makes a lot of sense. If there's a loadout involving healing or chems in general, I'd like it to be tailored to security, both utility and flavor-wise. For instance, the robust donuts. If security wants a medkit, they can go ask medical. I actually disagree that this is more RP oriented, as it actually reduces interaction and starts security off with gear that only doctors should start with (menders + upgraded health analyzer).
(01-23-2021, 10:41 PM)Flourish Wrote: I don't think the medkit makes a lot of sense. If there's a loadout involving healing or chems in general, I'd like it to be tailored to security, both utility and flavor-wise. For instance, the robust donuts. If security wants a medkit, they can go ask medical. I actually disagree that this is more RP oriented, as it actually reduces interaction and starts security off with gear that only doctors should start with (menders + upgraded health analyzer).

IIRC Police officers usually have first aid kits in the cars IRL, so it does make sense for them to have first aid kits as an option.
(01-24-2021, 05:30 PM)mralexs Wrote: IIRC Police officers usually have first aid kits in the cars IRL, so it does make sense for them to have first aid kits as an option.

Police officers aren't sec's real world parallel though. And even if they were, I don't think this makes for good gameplay.
(01-23-2021, 10:41 PM)Flourish Wrote: I don't think the medkit makes a lot of sense. If there's a loadout involving healing or chems in general, I'd like it to be tailored to security, both utility and flavor-wise. For instance, the robust donuts. If security wants a medkit, they can go ask medical. I actually disagree that this is more RP oriented, as it actually reduces interaction and starts security off with gear that only doctors should start with (menders + upgraded health analyzer).
I personally like the idea of having them in. I feel most folks aren't going to grab them just because there's more useful things to pick, but the people that do take a loaded first aid kit are doing so with the intent of healing if the need arises.

Got any ideas for what could replace the FAK as a "first on scene, keep someone from dying" item? Maybe a specialized medkit? Idk.

To me the robust donuts are more for self use in emergencies than healing others.
Ive always wished the security wing had more medkits in them but I understand it's a balancing issue and people want sec to interact more with medbay instead of doing medical stuff in sec.
(01-24-2021, 06:14 PM)Sord213 Wrote:
I personally like the idea of having them in. I feel most folks aren't going to grab them just because there's more useful things to pick, but the people that do take a loaded first aid kit are doing so with the intent of healing if the need arises.

Got any ideas for what could replace the FAK as a "first on scene, keep someone from dying" item? Maybe a specialized medkit? Idk.

To me the robust donuts are more for self use in emergencies than healing others.

Maybe they can get a special baton that is more suited to work as a defib than as a weapon?
Some epinephrine autoinjectors?  Useful for keeping someone alive just a bit longer, not so useful on the actual "healing" front.
An anti-death kit could have a health scanner, epi, 1 brute patch, mannitol injector, 1 burn patch, a smelling salt ampoule, and a potassium iodide injector. Smelling salts are overlooked pretty bad but are good for a whole lot of things, particularly as a first responder drug. Potassium iodide because it doesn't purge so even people without doctoring experience won't undo their other drugs with something like charcoal, and will help with radiation overdoses. Mannitol is pretty replaceable in this kit. Filgrastim might be better? Bandages?
If I can make a suggestion, it would be very nice if you added the 3 suits that can be combined with security armor as options for the vendor. I tend to play sec as more of an emergency response person, bringing a medkit and fire extinguisher around with me to help mitigate the damage caused by crimes. I always feel bad taking a paramedic suit from Medbay for my usual load out.

They could come with small kits related to the suit in question.

The paramedic suit could include the proposed emergency kit.
The firefighting suit could come with some foam grenades and maybe a burn patch or two.
Not too sure about the bio suit. Maybe some body bags and such?
Idea: keep the loadouts we have right now but add a custom loaudout option that would work like a sec officer version of traitor thingy, creating more varieties in the loadouts you see while also keeping it simple for new players.
(01-30-2021, 03:47 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: Idea: keep the loadouts we have right now but add a custom loaudout option that would work like a sec officer version of traitor thingy, creating more varieties in the loadouts you see while also keeping it simple for new players.

That's more or less how I think it should work.

Pick from a class, then pick a few extra items to supplement that class and spec it a bit