Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More stuff for emagged cyborgs
The only things emagged cyborgs get at the moment is no lawset, which is pretty crap as they can still be killswitched(?), flashed, and have any other vulnerabilities their other robot friends have. To top that off, they don't even get new tools to assist in what *should* be their attempted destruction of the crew.

The following are just ideas to show what I mean by this.

Medical and chemical cyborgs could get an emagged hypospray, Civilian cyborgs could get either space lube in their cleaner bottle or a better chainsaw, Engineering cyborgs are already very powerful, but maybe could use something. Mining cyborgs get the syndicate cargo transporter(..?), and lastly, Brobocops get A flash and/or cuffs(?)

I think that having these or something similar to play with as an emagged cyborg could lead to a lot of interesting shenanigans, more than "he shock door", or "plasmaflood in medbay", which both stem from the real lack of cyborg tools to do a whole lot. Not to mention that an emagged hypospray means knocking out their victims, maybe even leading to a gimmick where they cut out the crews kidneys. It could go anywhere!

Would love to see, and I ask for, your ideas!

A note that I'm not entirely sure if they can be killswitched.
I think emagging cyborgs should stay how it is - However...that traitor roboticists should be able to buy a pack of Syndicate job modules. Those could pack an array of different tools.

I just don't think the Emagg in and of itself has to be made even more powerful.
Rather if some robotocists wished to mess up the station via borgs...they should invest some more TC into that goal.

That is my take on it.
Not against it - just against another Emagg upgrade.
Emagged can't be killswitched or module locked. Also being emagged doesn't mean you automatically want to destroy the crew, you have the freedom to do whatever you want (within server rules). I would say no to emagged Borg getting extra tools BUT maybe extra or different tools for the syndie borg frame given their orders often *are* regarding crew destruction/disruption?
(01-19-2021, 09:44 PM)GORE Wrote: I think emagging cyborgs should stay how it is - However...that traitor roboticists should be able to buy a pack of Syndicate job modules. Those could pack an array of different tools.

I just don't think the Emagg in and of itself has to be made even more powerful.
Rather if some robotocists wished to mess up the station via borgs...they should invest some more TC into that goal.

That is my take on it.
Not against it - just against another Emagg upgrade.

Special modules would be nice but let me hit you with this: Syndicate Cyborg Limbs

Add them to a borg, or stick them on yourself and others. Maybe they're weapons, maybe they're booby traps, but there's more versatility with that.