Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Count cryo as a kill
Please for the love of god. Make cryo count as a kill for your traitor objectives. Because no matter how well prepared you are, theres nothing worse for you plan, than a missing, unkillable target. Happened to me 3 out of the 3 last times i was traitor / spy thief. Or at least just give like an update on our pdas that says something like "Sensors on a nearby syndicate shuttle have lost all trace of your target. They might have gone cold." Or something along those lines. I know full well traitor objectives aren't all that counts, and that you can just make your own, which i usually do, but sometimes i just want to follow the orders yknow. And the last three times i did that, i just couldnt.

What are your thought ?
Cryo is used to heal people.

What are you on about - mate?
Cryostorage, not cryotubes, Gore.
(01-19-2021, 03:38 PM)GORE Wrote: Cryo is used to heal people.

What are you on about - mate?

Yeah my bad shouldv made that clearer.
Ah.

Yeah - but overall I think when fulfilling trackable targets some more feedback should be given to the player.
Cryo is for people who have to step out, for whatever reason. I think if you have something that keeps people on the hook for the round lest it be known they cryo'd out or whatever, it adds an unecessary additional pressure on people to NOT cryo out. Since then they'll sit there and go "oh no, but if I do and I'm a target and someone sees it, they'll be upset or fail their objectives or...". It may also be bad if someone cryos out for a temporary amount of time, and someone targeting them gets a notification, since it might alert an antag that if they camp around the cryotron, they can catch their target since they now know where to potentially expect them (DO NOT camp cryo).

Don't make cryo'ing out of a round harder than it needs to be. You will not complete all your objectives (which shouldn't matter on RP anyways) when you're only consistently playing 2 hour rounds with 50 others. 2 hours is a lot of time to spend in a round; if you're really set on needing to 100% your objectives as an antag, you might have better luck on a round on Goon2 or Goon4 where the rounds move faster and people may be more able to stay in for the full hour.

EDIT: I forgot to add that cryo'ing doesn't always mean death. Some people cryo and pop out later, some people cryo and don't return, some people cryo and ghost which counts as a death.
I'm going to look into it for spy_theft bounty targets (not objectives) but like always it's complicated.

I'll probably check once every two minutes of the status of living targets to see if they are gibbed/cryostorage and mark them as MIA. Rolling a new objective could be a problem.
(01-20-2021, 06:41 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: Cryo is for people who have to step out, for whatever reason. I think if you have something that keeps people on the hook for the round lest it be known they cryo'd out or whatever, it adds an unecessary additional pressure on people to NOT cryo out. Since then they'll sit there and go "oh no, but if I do and I'm a target and someone sees it, they'll be upset or fail their objectives or...". It may also be bad if someone cryos out for a temporary amount of time, and someone targeting them gets a notification, since it might alert an antag that if they camp around the cryotron, they can catch their target since they now know where to potentially expect them (DO NOT camp cryo).

Don't make cryo'ing out of a round harder than it needs to be. You will not complete all your objectives (which shouldn't matter on RP anyways) when you're only consistently playing 2 hour rounds with 50 others. 2 hours is a lot of time to spend in a round; if you're really set on needing to 100% your objectives as an antag, you might have better luck on a round on Goon2 or Goon4 where the rounds move faster and people may be more able to stay in for the full hour.

EDIT: I forgot to add that cryo'ing doesn't always mean death. Some people cryo and pop out later, some people cryo and don't return, some people cryo and ghost which counts as a death.

I get the idea of pressure, but to be honest, i've never felt that way when i need to do something important, so I can't really relate. Cryo camping is also an almost auto ban, and people on this game aren't jerks anyway.  And finally, i would be more upset to find out that the target i've been looking for all round was in cryo the whole time, than to learn it on the spot.