Mentor Application - Admiral jimbob
Usual Character Name: Spigot the Bear
BYOND Username: Admiral jimbob
Recommended by (if applicable): Nobody but a few people have recommended me for HoS if that counts
Times Available: normal GMT hours, no real fixed times

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I've been playing Space Station 13 since late last October, when I joined during the final days of Donut 2 and the Halloween event. That was an interesting jump into the deep end. Since then, I've been pretty hooked and have probably played more of SS13 than any other games combined.

To start with, I mostly played as Chef and Barman, mainly Chef. These are commonly-recommended jobs for new players, of course, but I enjoyed the creativity and flexibility they provided. As Chef, I could mass-produce burgers, surprise and gib changelings or Nuke Operatives, find creative food mixes and rare recipes, run around stealing prized possessions to deep-fry and offer the weeping Captain his hat in a rangoon, or head to chemistry and brew up some deadly cake icing. I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) this far more than more restricted roles - I admit that I don't know much about setting up the engine or the ins-and-outs of genetics and telescience, for example. I went on to start playing Detective more and more, probably the role I play most now. I like it, again, for its flexibility; being a normal security officer is a bit restrictive to me, whereas, as a Detective, I can pick my role with more creative freedom without forsaking my duties.

Other roles I have good experience with include scientist (I can make bombs, brew up recipes, do surgery, test blood - pretty much everything short of the maths parts of telescience and DWAINE), botanist, mechanic, QM and doctor. I also love pretty much all the antagonist roles, have succeeded numerous times as all of them, and as people who've met me when I've been a Detective can hopefully attest, I'm (or like to think I am) very good at striking the balance and making sure everyone enjoys their round, antagonists included. If anything, I'm too slow to act against them when they are a threat. Given that this is the case, I can promise that I can be relied upon not to give the game away on any obvious traitors who mentorhelp specific things, or nuke operatives who mentorhelp before they get spotted.

Ultimately, I'm applying for mentor because I enjoy playing this game, and feel like I finally have enough breadth and depth of experience to really help others out. I've noticed myself teaching people how to do things on the fly more and more often recently, even people whose names I've come to know and recognise and would until recently have described as way beyond needing my help - it's at that point that I realised that I probably know enough to help out in a more official capacity. I've felt like "the new guy" amongst veterans for nearly a year, but I really feel like I have more of a handle on this game than the majority of general players at this point, and I think most of the regular players know me and know what I'm like to play alongside. I enjoy helping out and being a valuable member of the crew, and helping out a new guy and watching him take his first steps into SS13 greatness fills me with an oddly parental pride. With all of that in mind, I think I could really be a valuable mentor at this point, and figure it's worth a go.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I only saw Shrek 1 and thought it was quite good but had no desire to see the other ones when they came out. A *bad* *bear* *detected*

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Nope
what a good bear yes

there was not text large enough supported so that will do
Every time I see this guy I get surprised that he's not a mentor before remembering. Give it to them!
Yes, please.
Yes.

Also, apply for hos you lazy oaf. It's just double the text.