Mentor Application - Myth/Xavier Mcmullen
Usual character name:Myth/Xavier Mcmullen( I mainly play Myth now)
BYOND username: Drewmajor11
Discord username (if you are on our discord):ReaperofNight#3116
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A(I believe? Some people may recommend me if I talked to them and some people who aren't mentors and stuff probably would.)
Goon servers you play:
I've played all a fair bit but I mainly play RP and a bit of main.
Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing goon since around July now, I play a lot of different depts and have learned a mix of obscure and common knowledge, the depts I know best are probably science and security, I'm an HoS for security and play it a decent bit, I could go on an whole tangent about the different ways to play security and how to keep the round fun. Such as not instantly killing antags, not metagaming them and trying to keep the round fun(I'm an RP main if its not obvious). My least known dept is probably janitor as I'm honestly fairly sure I've never played janitor but I still know how to do it as its pretty basic, after that is probably engi, while I do know how to hellburn and somewhat vent I'm not as comfortable with engi as some others. With Mechcomp I can make a fair bit of different machines, ranging from voice activated machines that will only use my voice, to packet machines to a mix of both and some more obscure stuff. I know a fair bit of telesci zones and stuff like cracking safes, a good bit of stuff from exploring, I do know toxins as well which is slightly lesser known on RP as it does not really need to be used even by antags. I've learned pathos pretty quickly in the time it was added back as learning new things interests me, I know medical pretty decent too as I've spent a decent bit of time as a doctor or roboticist. While sci is probably my most played dept I've diversified my knowledge a decent bit and enjoy doing so, I'll spend time doing a lot of different jobs from QM to Captain as its fun for me to learn more and to use the knowledge I have to have fun. I think I at least have a basic knowledge of all jobs and an advanced knowledge of many jobs, the jobs I know the most are probably, mechanic, QM, scientist, medical, security, command jobs except I don't really play HoP very much. I know how to play a decent and fun antagonist I believe as I try not to murder a lot and try to make it fun for everyone, I used to have some power gaming tendencies that I think I've worked down and have mainly been gone for a few months now. I've had some issues in the past but I think that I know a decent bit about the game and could be helpful to newer players or even older players who are msising some more subtle mechanics, I don't know everything but I've learned a fair bit over my time playing. In some cases I'll know really advanced things but at the least I normally have basic knowledge. I really enjoy playing here and think I could contribute to the community decently with the knowledge I've learned over time.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I got banned once for OOC IC when I just joined before I fully understood it.

I got banned for like 1-2 days I think like a week after that when I was still extremely new because I threw clf3 in a small maintenance area with other people underestimating what it would do. This was a horrible idea I don't remember if it killed anyone but me but I still feel really bad over it because it likely hurt their experience.
(I grabbed these bans from my last application as I don't believe I've been banned since)
He's a sick HoS, and every time i needed him IC, he helped me if he wasnt already busy chasing antags around. Very cool person. Would recommend.
Is it possible for an admin to change the title for this so it includes my character names or my discord(Reaper) Or something?
Xavier has taught me so much of ss13, back when i first played captain and i did not even know how to open a arm haha he showed me how, he also showed me a lot about sec and sci and recently he helped teach me some pathology too, as sec i see them help new sec offs a lot and try there best to teach people the job they are doing, they are also fun to play and talk to on a shift and joke around with as sec when nothing is happening

+1 overall i think they would be a fun mentor and be able to teach people a lot of stuff
I've seen Xavier sometimes still overstep or act excessively on the RP servers. For instance, breaking RP to get something that they want. I'm sure they know enough about the game to answer mentorhelps, but I still have concerns regarding some of their ingame decisions and interactions with other players.

No from me for now.
Honestly, since getting HoS, I often find you working your own gimmicks and generally doing things that are fun for you and less so for others. You've done little to lead and build a Sec team.

As a Mentor, you'd be expected to help others, be community- and fun-oriented. Just not sure you've got the maturity to make it happen as of now or the interest in helping to build a tighter, more-knowledgeable community as a Mentor.

If you continue to work on your interactions ingame and out, I don't doubt you can rise to the occasion. But for now it's a no from me.
I just want to add, I'm genuinely a bit confused, I don't think I've done one gimmick as HoS and I've spent most of my rounds running between confusion and trying to fix things with security and issues on the station. As well as I've been playing a bit of main and the rounds on RP I've been playing I mainly just did my job and had a few fun conversations with people or walked around the station and talked a bit when I've been there for full rounds. Also thanks whoever changed the title.

(Also I haven't really played Xavier in like a month or two so I dunno if that was just generally referring to me or if you meant from back then)
+1 to this, Myth seems to be knowledgeable in the game enough to be a mentor
Closed upon applicant's request.