Mentor Application - Kaneie
Usual character name: Luna Rayne
BYOND username: Kaneie
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Krayon#7061
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A?
Goon servers you play: RP1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I've been playing on Goonstation and SS13 as a whole for just over four months now. When I began, the entire experience was unlike anything else I'd tried before and I was instantly absorbed into the atmosphere. I have to be honest in saying that it was daunting at first, the controls, the mechanics. Knowing so little in such a large place was somewhat discouraging, however talking with others and the welcoming feeling that accompanied that was amazing and kept me playing despite the fact I had no idea what I was doing.

The countless small interactions with others where you can learn, no matter how much you know, is what has driven me to keep learning, because for everything I have learnt along the way is a lesson to be taught to many others coming after me, I doubt I could ever pay back the kindness that was shown to me when I started and to this day, but no matter what it may be, I strive to teach others and share what I know with whoever I talk to whether it's a friend or a new face. My intention for applying for Mentor is that I hope to teach the newer crowd, even some regulars who may be too shy or overwhelmed to ask about a new department, the ways of Goonstation, its wonderful intricacies and of course to give back to the community.

I have a good chunk of knowledge in Science, Engineering and Medical, with some sprinkles of civilian departments and Security on top of that. I especially love Mechcomp and packets as it explores a whole new aspect of the station that newer players may not even touch with a barge pole because of the first learning hurdle behind it. Most notably is the way I've seen some people teach the newer faces in departments like Engineering, it's as if they assume that the players already know what they're doing or that they're familiar with the controls and systems, that personally feels like a slight deterrent to the people who are having a harder time with grasping the basics and need an extra helping nudge, and I feel like I could be a part of that nudge!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None.
I think an important quality to have in a mentor is to be the type of person that folks arent afraid to ask for help, and be a type of person that isn't condescending and respects a newer players limited game knowledge to help them out. A good mentor interaction means you'll have a newer player that may keep on playing and learning, and maybe end up becoming a regular and forming IC and OOC friendships with others. Mentors often or not are the first person a new player that genuinely wants to learn the game will interact with.

I say all this because I am absolutely sure that Luna fits these qualities! They're a joy to play and interact with, and never shy away from answering questions or lending a hand and will always be open and approachable. I don't doubt they'll be a brilliant mentor.

+1 from me. Make her the stinky Purple Space Mouse!
luna has helped me learn so much stuff to do with sci and other things and is sooo very friendly and great to talk to its great hanging out in a shift with her she is very fun and a great teacher and her GIGA brain is one of the main reasons i know as much as i do with things in sci, i think she would be a great mentor because she is so friendly and has such a big brain with knowledge that she is happy to share

+1, she would make a great GIGA brain, friendly, stinky mouse
DANGIT I don't check my discord for ONE DAY and I lose out on the ability to put my name down as a reccomendation for a promising mentor!

HOW WILL I WIN THE MOST REFERRALS RACE
OH WAIT THATS NOT A REAL THING

Really though, I've had nothing but good interactions with Luna Rayne, and I would trust em not to abuse the information that mentoring gives you. They are a good bean, and I've seen them teaching around the station more than once. I look forward to seeing your name in purple, +1, make this person a stinky mouse, other mentor related platitudes.
Luna is always very enjoyable to play with, Both smart and funny.

I think they'd be a good fit for the mentor role, I've had nothing but positive, fun experiences with them!

Could always use more people with knowledge of Science aspects of the game as well!

+1 from me!
Despite the name "Luna Rayne" she is such a ray of sunshine! I really enjoy playing and RPing with her, and have had nothing but good experiences with her OOC as well. I think she would be a fantastic mentor and I look forward to welcoming her to team Stinky Mouse!! <3

+1 from Jan and from Fleur!!
I have not had a bad experience with Luna Before and she seems really knowledgeable. SS13 is a daunting task to get into, but with some like them on hand, it will be even easier getting in. +1
I can't think of a single thing I dislike about Luna Rayne.

She has respect for the server, maturity, and a yearn to help others.

She has my vote.
Luna's an all-around good person and player. They are knowledgeable and helpful, and I've seen them going out of their way to inform others and help bolster other people's fun.

+1
My only surprise is that Luna wasn't already a mentor. They taught me how to hellburn, so I can already say they know how to teach. In fact, they even kept the same job to the next round to show me how it worked on a different map as well. +1
No longer have an app up so I can say, pretty kind and helpful generally would be good as a mentor +1
Definitely a +1. Not only is Kaneie very kind and helpful when it comes to teaching in-round, they are also great at making rounds fun for everyone around them. Always happy to see Luna!
The admin team has decided to accept your application for Mentor. Welcome to the team! I guess your krayon is purple now, huh?