Froggit_Dogget (Klutz) Mentor application
Usual character name: Investigangster Klutz
BYOND username: Froggit_Dogget
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Froggit Dogget#2669 (Nick'd as Investigangster Klutz)
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Main

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

Throughout my time playing, i'll often die early, or decide to spectate a round. Sometimes, i'll see a new person spawn in, and wander aimlessly. Often times this leads to them spacing themselves. Or, they'll wander the halls trying to find their department, but just be completely lost. Helping new players by applying for mentor seems like the way to go. Also, I know some things. It would be pretty much impossible to know everything about this game, but I do know a decent amount. I have ~1500 rounds played, and even more spectated.
     The science department is my personal main. There isn't anything you can't do with chemicals, telescience, artifacts, Heisenbee, and my personal favorite, Toxins! I know the in-s and out-s of everything there is to science. Massive firebombs? I can make that. heal-all pills? yup! Anti ling chems, that too! Toxins, Artsci, everything there is with science I know very well.
     While I do main science, I have tons of rounds in all of the engineering jobs. As an engineer, there are several methods for doing the engine to produce enough power. The goal is for hot gas to loop through the hotloop, and cold gas to loop through the cold loop. The cold loops simple, the gas loops through space. N2 can help chill it to -200 quicker. The hot loop, well, there's several methods. The most common method is a hellburn. You hellburn the burn chamber and loop plasma through that. However, there are different methods too. Such as, filling the burn chamber with candles! Or even not using the burn chamber, and just putting burn mix in the pipes, and burning it there!On a singularity engine, all you have to do is wrench and welder down the field generators, and the emitters, and on some maps, do a little dwaine magic and start the engine! For oshans engine, you have to pin hotspots, and wire them to the station.
     Mining! Mining is a fun one. You start out with a spacesuit and a jetpack on space maps, and just a dive suit on water maps. You have to mine rock, and work your way up to radiation proof, and other stat boosting gear. From there you can explore either the deep sea trench, or the mining Z level for cooler rewards.
     Mechanics is my favorite part of engineering. As a mechanic, you are most equipped for gimmicks. If you don't have something, you can duplicate it. But then, there is mechcomp and packets. With mechcomp and packets, I have created some cool things. I have made a super secure bunker system (original idea from Box Ta), remote fire alarm triggers for area denial as traitor, and honk machines as clown.
     As Quartermaster, your goal is to make money. Likely you're gonna be the stations only hope of making money if the miners don't sell anything. By trading with traders, (normally cargo holds) there should always be a way of making money.
     Doctoring. There are four main damage types, and a few more that aren't talked about as much, like brain, organ, and genetic instability. To heal burn, you apply Silver Sulfadiazine, menthol, or synthflesh. Synthflesh and styptic powder also heal brute. for tox you use charcoal, with potassium iodine to stop further radiation poisoning. For destroyed organs, you have to do surgery and replace it. I have mastered the art of self surgery - replacing all of my organs, having a time of 13 minutes round time with their cyber counterparts. proconvertin with filgrastim help replenish blood faster, while heparin thins blood, which increases bleeding but it stops blood clots. Oculine is used for eyesight. Theres alot of small things to doctoring, but I know a lot of them. You can even cut your eyes out with a screwdriver and an eyepatch!
     Heads aren't really that special. They get extra access, cool gadgets, and are targeted during rev rounds. Don't abuse your power and people won't revolt against you.
      Obviously, there are a ton of jobs. I'm not gonna go through any more of them, but, I have experience with most of them.
As an antag, there are tons of things you can do! You can attempt to murder everyone, pull gimmicks, or even stealthily kidnap the entire crew. Personally, I prefer many, many devastating bombs, but there are no limits!
     Now, by applying for mentor, I do understand that mentors are role models. I know I am not THE BEST at following rules, but I have tried and stuck by them, and by applying for mentor I will try even harder to be a good role model. I have been playing here for almost 8 months, and now I truly wish to give back to the community.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Back in october I got a 2 day ban for killing a guy being chased by a secoff near roundstart. The secoff called out rev so I sprang to action without confirming the dude was actually a rev.
+1

Klutz was the person who introduced me to goon, and taught me enough to get going on my own. Without him I would've been clueless as to how to play. They're always a good source for information for when I don't know something.
+1

Klutz knows a lot of stuff and I think they'd be good.
+1
Klutz is a friendly face, and knows enough about the game to make a good mentor
+1 Klutz is a cool person and also a nerd. Type of person who will helpfully explain a game mechanic to a new person before eating them.
I'm certain many of us can testify to klutz' knowledge of Gameplay. I myself can testify to that fact.
He has a reputation among the player-base as someone feared and respected in equal measure.
Moreover, He is very friendly. Very willing to teach others. Does excellent Gimmicks as an Antag.

I think he'd make a great mentor. +1

The only thing I would encourage you to work on would be your inclination to punish resistance.
At times people may tell you "no." to something. You often try to force your way in spite of that.
This leads to them harming you, and you for your part retaliate with your vast knowledge of the game.
You're not in the wrong in this scenario. However this could serve to undermine your position as a Mentor.
+1 klutz is effective fun and a good communicator
Cool person +1, Personally I've seen him playing scientist ever since I started out. Gave me a hint on why my toxin bombs were failing, before I took some blood from him. I see him often helping out scientists, and is fun to be with.
I've seen Klutz around a bunch, and I think that they know a lot and are friendly to others. These are both qualities that we look for in a mentor. However, I've also seen Klutz make some decisions that I don't think a mentor should be making. For instance, joining as security so they could do pathology, while ignoring antags who were killing crewmembers nearby.

No from me for now. I'd like to see a longer period of uninterrupted good behavior and sound judgement, and then I'd be happy to +1 your app.
Klutz is a very knowledgeable player and I most of my interactions with them have been positive, this is a +1 from me
Klutz, while knowledgeable, seems a bit too high-strung to be a mentor currently.

I worry that they would get frustrated with someone not being a quick learner and might lash out.

A no from me until they learn to relax a bit more.
After some recent experiences with Klutz I'm going to be changing my vote to a no. In these experiences Klutz acted as described by Chayot, Flourish, and Camryn and I agree that until he kind of chills a bit and learns to take things a bit slower and accept that some things aren't always gonna go simply or the way that is wanted that he's prone to making a major mistake as a mentor and possibly hurting a new player. I do encourage Klutz to apply in the future though when he's shown some improvement in these areas, but for now it's a no.
klutz is a cool person who i enjoy seeing/chatting with on both discord and in game. i have no doubt that in the future, they can be a great mentor. they show active interest in learning new things, and have many times shared their knowledge. it may be beating a dead horse at this point, but i do see a slight maturity gap between you and what i'd hope to see from other mentors. not to say you're a bad person in any way, you just tend to have a more... play-for-yourself style, which is something that sticks out to me as a trait i prefer not to see from even nonmentor players.

with some time, i think you'd be a good fit. i can already tell you've started making improvements on your behavior since this application was made. keep it up, and i'd be happy to +1 you on your next application
Seconding pretty much everything what Retrino said. Initially when I saw this app I had some mixed feelings regarding Klutz that made me postpone my reply, since I don't tend to give negative feedback on the applications unless I'm absolutely sure someone isn't a good fit for a mentor/HoS (that actually did not happen yet)

But as of recent, I've definetly seen a noticeable improvement in their behaviour, they definetly toned down they playstyle and I had some positive interaction with them so they've definetly grown on me over time.

Consider it a +1 in a future app.
Klutz has (Recently anyway) shown willingness to teach me the more complicated stuff about Ss13, namely chems, despite the fact that I am clearly, an idiot. While I haven't noticed him doing it too often he does show skill in showing new players the ropes in the areas of Ss13 that make my brain hurt, I am willing to give him a +1 for this