Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch items by holding down the throw key.
Today you pass stuff around by throwin stuff at people anyways. I could be a fun addition to add a function so that you can catch stuff throw your way, passing around tools, weapons etc. Would bring a new interesting element for combat regarding nades too, think quick and you may be able to throw it back.

So how I imagine it working is that you have to have an empty hand active and then you hold down the throw key, like space bar. If you're "throwing" and have an empty active hand and something hits you, you automatically catch it into your empty active hand.
It do.
That's....already a thing. Hold down throw hotkey to catch items thrown at you.
Oh duh, disregard this then. I had a very small memory of basketballs doing it, but didn't know that it was for all items already.
This is indeed an already existing mechanic.
Also monkeys now sometimes catch items. ?
Catching thrown objects is one of the best robust moves
holding space and clicking a fast as possible at someone else doing the same is a staple of greyshirts wanting to make noise

also catching a grenade and throwing it back is probably the biggest power move possible
Would it be possible to have attempting to throw something at someone a tile next to you instead hand it to them with *give?

That needs a good mouse and hotkey interaction
Good idea frank. Maybe make a suggestion thread for that because I would love to be able to give something to someone without right clicking on them
pointblank throws have combat utility so we dont want to override those, but this may be a good usage for click+dragging a held item onto the other person's sprite
I shoulda figured mbc would show up at the thought of being able to replace a right click menu function. Maybe eventually all right click functions will be gone with