Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Removes monkeys from QM purchases list
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Removes monkeys from QM purchases list

Why's this needed?
The monkey crates are only ever used by AI's or people with AA to spam them to make life more difficult or drain the budget.
Now that monkey AI is more advanced and monkey vendors have restock cartidges that can also be bought from QM, I think it's time to remove monkey crates

Changelog

Code:
(u)Carbadox:
(+)Removed monkeys from QM purchases list due to lack of actual use outside of causing greif.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Not so sure this is really in the light you see it in. Monkeys also serve as good food for the Singularity and also make for nice fun to throw into a PTL beam. Perhaps we could just have the fucking crate be cardlocked or come pre-welded or something so they can't just be one clicked opened. Also maybe QM should have a purchase cap on items in a way that prevents buying say 10+ of the same crate in under a minute.
ordering monkeys and harvesting their organs for cash is also a qm staple
Might be an idea to have some items have a supply maximum and a supply refresh rate (e.g. you can order up to 5 crates, they replenish at 1 crate per minute). Something to make vast quantities of them available if needed but not spammable, which I think is the real goal here.
(01-15-2021, 07:48 AM)Mordent Wrote: Might be an idea to have some items have a supply maximum and a supply refresh rate (e.g. you can order up to 5 crates, they replenish at 1 crate per minute). Something to make vast quantities of them available if needed but not spammable, which I think is the real goal here.

I think this makes a lot of sense and would support a PR like this.
Bad PR. Ordering monkeys in crates is a classic.
If someone is spamming monkeys to lag the server or whatever then that sounds more like an Ahelp situation.
(01-15-2021, 06:40 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Bad PR. Ordering monkeys in crates is a classic.
If someone is spamming monkeys to lag the server or whatever then that sounds more like an Ahelp situation.

No no, I think it started a good dialogue. I also like the idea of refresh rates on crates to avoid spam.
(01-15-2021, 09:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 06:40 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Bad PR. Ordering monkeys in crates is a classic.

No no, I think it started a good dialogue. I also like the idea of refresh rates on crates to avoid spam.

A general refresh rate and storage-max-cap for orders at once could also help shift the QM production and sell meta.

Potentially crushing several problems with 1 additional aspect to all purchases.

- - -

No more the days of 20 x 200 sheet metal crates and doing just cargo holds for the whole round.

Now there might be an insentive to expand into other profitable money production solutions.
Monkey-organ harvesting might be one to skip the time between the next metal sheet shipment arriving.
(01-15-2021, 09:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Alright true. Maybe I was being harsh. This has made some ideas to fixing the monkey spam but still allowing monkey crates.
Shame the GitHub discussion went the way it did, but them's the breaks I guess. Anyways, Carbadox has decided to close this PR, so this specific suggested change can't go in.