Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I am not a fan of the recent changes to the bovine genetics trait.
"Cows now can't wear shoes (but are immune to stepping on regular and plasma glass shards) and have hemophilia, and also have a +3 damage bonus when kicking people."

As someone who only plays as a cow, basically all of this except plasma shards are a severe downside.

I liked wearing shoes for cosmetic reasons, this removes it and adds two negligible upsides. How often is plasmaglass on the floor outside of complete chaos rounds and some dungeons?

The +3 kick damage is nice, but if I'm in a fight i'm likely not going to try to kick someone to death. I'll have a 10 damage fire extinguisher or something in my bag.

Shoes can potentially have a lot of upsides in this game, too. Military boots give a little armor and thermal resistance (Negligible, but still there) and Cleats from the space-american football kit simply let you do more kick damage already. Janitor's galoshes or magic sandals being negated is quite a huge blow as well.

Hemophilia really tops it off as painful. Bleeding is quite debilitating and needs actual medical attention instead of a quick brute fix, I already get in some blood troubles when I have to get drastic surgeries done, but if someone does them without clamps now I have a very real risk of dying in exchange for +3 kick damage.

Please roll back the no-shoes thing at least, I like wearing them cosmetically. If there's a way to make them have no effects when they're on, that's totally fine too.

Messages In This Thread
I am not a fan of the recent changes to the bovine genetics trait. - by Cal - 01-14-2021, 04:35 PM