Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring the Science Department + Potential Overhaul
Science needs a scoring system, they get too busy blowing up the station imo
Plus RD has little obligation/game motivation to work with the sci dept
Also other stuff that I think would be great

Ideas:

(Chemistry) RD receives a list of three/five/some number of chems from CentComm that must be produced. Quantities of each chemical should be specific and randomly generated. CComm should pay into a [science dept budget] for each request fulfilled, and the [funding should allow chemists to order either pure chems not avaliable in the dispenser or baggies of various chems, similar to a ChemVendor].

(ArtSci) Arts should be [appraisable via a special cargo terminal] in or near the ArtLab. The terminal should provide a barcode that can be safely slapped onto an appraised art. Sold arts still need to be sent to cargo for export. Purely affects the [science dept budget].

(TeleSci) dunno probably nothing
Maybe add a grade for "completing adventure zones", but I am not familiar with TSci

(Toxins) Definitely needs some grading/economic output system for TTVs. Unless mining actually gets asteroids only TTVs can blast through, the only current reason for someone to use toxins is to destroy the station.

An idea: CComm is constantly seeking TTVs sent to Earth for 'classified' (corporate terrorism/espionage) purposes. It has tasked SS13 with producing the finest bombs for those purposes. Other private companies are also looking to purchase bombs. Therefore, a toxins expert should be able to either export a finished TTV to CentComm for a grade and XP, or sell TTVs on the market based on the calculated strength. Probably needs a special device to print out a barcode with the identified power of the bomb.

I might try to do some of this on my own, but I definitely think others have an opinion as well on grading the science department.

Edit: OK, this really is an overhaul. These suggestions would need multiple new guis, scripts for terminals, spare chips for the computer, scripting for the banking system, scripting for export value calculations, XP scripts, and god knows what for my chem ideas. Also, I'm hesitant for that 'get random shit' part without some barrier (i.e. completing the requests), as chemists could just sap the research budget from everyone else to search for shit like rotting/prions/FOOF/blackpowder/other horrible junk. Also definitely would need to blacklist syndiechems and secret chems from being ordered.
I like this idea, especial the idea for giving the research budget more purpose under chemistry. Perhaps for telesci you can find relics and turn them in to cargo for research budget and affecting the grade, and maybe a device that uses research budget to fabricate useful gear for telesci