Poll: Dedicated pathologist job?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
22.73%
5 22.73%
Yes
77.27%
17 77.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IDEA: new pathologist job
having a job dedicated to pathology or a smaller subset of medical research limits the traitor pool from all doctors and janitors to just the pathologist and some heads. I think that's a good thing, imo. Makes it easier to track down who released Shakespearitus and reduces the number of peeps who can barge in and grief with it.
(01-17-2021, 12:42 PM)pali6 Wrote: I mentioned it before but I think turning geneticists into a more general medical researcher role that has access to both genetics and pathology would be a better idea. Or other similar solutions would work too.

problem with this is that 4 Researchers is a lot different from 2 geneticists + 2 pathologists. Can easily lead to a situation of too many cooks nerds spoiling the broth pathogen, which seems to be the problem a pathologist role is meant to solve. Could also lead to a bit of a clusterfuck in genetics too, depending.

The alternative would be to keep 2 geneticists and just rename them, but that would lead to departmental neglect (either nobody working one of the departments, or both departments having a single lonely spaceman with no assistant. sometimes bad for rp, questionably detrimental to the station).
PR is up
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/3377