Kyler Laurenzi HOS application
Quote: "Joe mama" -Kyler 2020
Usual character name: Kyler Laurenzi
BYOND username: redvented
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Dennys
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Roleplay 1 and Regular 

Reason for application: I am looking to spice up my Security game. I have been playing early sec rounds and have been having a blast. I believe I am ready for more.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Well my security experience more goes as being a regular sec officer and a detective. I have made my fair mistakes of being a really abusive sec player, but i have gotten used too and really started to enjoy the people on the servers. I have had quite enough experience in sec to the point where I can really help people if they need too and having good communication is the best part for me. Two days ago or yesterday I cannot quite remember, we caught a ling, It was Walks Silverscale. My team tried to murder and brutalize the alien, me and two others had to stick up for the person (they had only stung people, I get the alert but they never murdered) I personally took Walks to science and let them undergo 'studies' for further understanding of what we were dealing with. I brought him lunch and in the end he became released and was free! When I was a rookie, I certainly had an itchy finger trigger but I have gotten used to using words believe it or not. There is something about catching a bad guy or an antagonist that just gives you this feeling of awe. I look up to the HoS's such as Maverick Sabre and Fleur DeLaCreme. I have made enough catches and have had enough time to know standard procedure. I think I'm ready to give this thing a shot and officially step up as a better officer for NT.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? USE THE GOD DAMN COMMS! And maybe not brutalize the clowns as much, clown lives matter.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) My favorite moment was when my team caught Walks Silverscale as a ling, and i got to have like a really good friendship that started with him.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? I think sec should get to tighten their grip on the stun sticks and tasers, because we know what happens when you use the disarm button. Intentional game design, I know. It just sucks to see a member of the squad lose their items. Oh right and maybe another way to earn coins for people that join sec as a HoP job change. 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. lots of communication, and more deciding on what to do with the prisoner(that isn't usually execution.)
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13. 
    NanoTrasenGlorious, NotoriousFarting, Coughing, FleeingKilling, Screaming, CryingTerrible, WickedSyndicate
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? For every officer to only say, to everyone, "Move along citizen."
  • Draw a picture! I don't currently have anything to submit a picture :[
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got banned for a day because my friend and I were on regular goon station and I as the chaplain had got asked to help take down wizards and what not. The radio host was spouting lies about the command and security team, so i was sent by the sec team to hush up the radio host. (by this point my friend and I had swapped bodies due to the port a sci, made me so angry.) We had made it to the radio station and I told my friend, "You are me, do what you must." and he spaced the radio host. I got banned for encouraging it and for apparently metagaming which didn't happen. My friend akride will tell me when he is online but that is all, we leave everything else out. 
Yeah that's me I'm the guy that spaced the poor host. Basically there was a whole wizard hunt around station people wanted to eat their meat etc and radio host decided to go against the whole wizard hunt. I uh... cuff-spaced him. We of course took the ban and I can say that Kyler has been getting calmer when playing sec. As to the claims of metagaming, I definitely get that people might think that because we are just very good friends on ss13 so we like to stick together. The only out of game communication we have is casual talk, or "hey let's be *job* next shift" or "i wanna try doing ** next shift".
App has been denied due to lack of responses from the community. Feel free to reapply again in 60 days from today.