HoS/NTSO application
Usual character name: Dave Bologna 
BYOND username: Wheenier 
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  N/A 
Recommended by (if applicable):  N/A 
Goon servers you play: Main 

Reason for application:  During my time as a security officer, I have noticed that there tends to be a correlation between good leadership and how effective the security team is that round. It can be hard especially for new security officers if there isn’t someone there to guide them through the process, which, unfortunately, is very likely. Along with being frequently called spaghetti man, without any spaghetti to show for it.  

Security experience (300 word minimum): I started playing sec since I wanted to get more involved in keeping order around the station. My first round I got murdered before I set the brig timer for a guy but, after a couple of rounds, I started to enjoy my time more and more. During these rounds I received valuable information from other sec officers, such as when to use force, fart on their face or just give out a ticket. There are still some rounds where I make mistakes and even to this day, I’m still receiving new tips and improving my playstyle. 

Usually, I like to be a bit lenient on antags that get caught early on in the round or those that are just not very good, since it’s more fun for everyone if they get another shot. Just taking their illicit gear and (maybe) brigging them depending on the severity of their actions is usually my go to method. If they present a major threat, such as rampaging, then I'm not afraid to call for backup and take them down, usually still letting them get to play via borging. Those that are just doing gimmicks I tend to leave alone, unless said gimmick results in casualties, then their ASS IS MINE.

Having the crew on your side is one of your top priorities as sec, it doesn't take much for the crew to think that security is not up to the task of keeping order and decide to grief the department. Along with this there is also the possibility that your fellow sec officers are being heavy handed with their approach to dealing with criminals, so it can be challenging to keep a level head. Usually just talking to them and telling them what they are doing wrong will help them learn how to properly behave, after all, it’s how I learned to be a better secoff.  

• What advice would you give to other sec players? 
There’s no need to murder antags on the spot, many, even the crew, would appreciate you just brigging them for a short stint and letting them go since it makes the round more fun for everyone. You also have a lot of tools at your disposal, namely your PDA, use them. Need to punish someone but don’t think they deserve brig time? PDA ticketmaster. Want to know why that guy is set to arrest? PDA sec records. That traitor has a freedom implant and you need a safe way of transporting them? PDA port a brig. Sec is one of the most geared departments and it’s a shame sec offs don’t use all of the tools available to them more.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? 
ThinkDos is complicated, especially for inexperienced players, so having security computers run on them can be confusing for a new sec officer wanting to set someone to arrest or whatnot. There exists an alternative. On most maps there exists a security records computer which uses it’s own, more user friendly, interface. Its location, however, varies: on Cog1 it is in the arrivals sec booth, Donut3 it’s in the security foyer and on Kondaru its locked in the HoS’ office. Having this be more accessible can help not only experienced sec players more easily manage records, but also new players who want to know how to edit records.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun): 

• Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.  
Striding down the halls with squeak in his boots 
Slipping people over, creating lawsuits 
For the clown, all was good 
But something was off about this neighbourhood 
A shadowy figure drew near                      
And the clown was soon filled with fear 
The figure drew a gun, from his belt slot 
And he yelled: “CLOWNSHOT!” 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
Dave is a good sec officer and a good captain, I imagine he would also be a good hos/ntso. Consider this a +1
Dave... He's good in general, there's no doubt about that. Whether he's ready for HoS or not is a difficult question for me. I've had plenty of interactions with him, both as security and non-sec, he communicates well with non-sec, but I don't recall seeing outstanding or active use of security comms when I was on the sec team with him, and communication is a very important tool for a HoS.

I also definitely think there are some things he could improve on, like judgement on punishment and how to keep things fun. Just taking all of an antag's stuff after burst tasering them leaves them with not so great feelings.

I'll be honest, I'm split on making a decision here. Dave is good but I'm not fully convinced he's completely ready...

But I think I'll give him a chance and +1, though I would definitely like to see how he handles in a trial HoS round or two, and might change my decision depending on the results thereof.
Not sure what else I can add that Drago didn't say, He's a very good security officer expect for the fact he doesn't really talk with the rest of his team, which can really bite you in the ass. despite this issue I know first hand he's a very able security officer when interacting with the rest of the station, be it simply talking to them or just plain old violence

I'm willing to let him give the super mall cop a shot, +1
This application has been denied due to insufficient amount of community feedback. Nice little Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference though. Feel free to reapply again 60 days from today.