Hos Application (Creamydot)
Usual character name: Lucy/Lucius Grey
BYOND username:Creamydot
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Creamy#1674
Recommended by (if applicable): not sure if this is his byond username but ArkonRawl
Goon servers you play: Rp main

Reason for application:
Regulary play Detective and occasionally sec officer, i'd like to play a more leadership focused role and captain doesn't really do it for me given you have to lead a whole station and not just one department.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Started playing back in mid 2020 when the tomato nightshade servers started up, pretty sure my first role was detective which was almost definitely a mistake since i had no clue about anything. It was after playing mostly Genetics/Science that i decided to give security another go by playing detective for a few consecutive rounds and it slowly became probably my second favorite job. I usually play the soft detective stereotype a little bit but usually just end up doing my own thing based on whats happening. Often times i’ll do the whole monologuing, alcoholic noir detective and build my own narrative around that. It took me a while to get all the nuances down like fingerprint partials and ballistics but i think i have a solid understanding of how security and space law works. As of late i’ve tried to make my character oblivious to the dangers of ss13 like changelings and vampires in an RP sense, like i’ll act shocked and terrified whenever i see a changeling sucking someone’s brains out instead of immediately running off and shouting “Ling!” down the radio. I sometimes find that communication can be lacking with some members of the security team being out of the loop on some of the happenings and that often leads to holdups, i try to brief people about crimes or cases that i’ve been following to varying degrees of success. I try my best to follow space law to the best of my ability but truth be told in really hectic rounds the lines kinda become blurred with repeat offences, weird uncategorised crimes, things like that. I enjoy spending time especially at the beginning of rounds chatting with the rest of the security team and doing whatever i can to play into other's RP. Recently i’ve been trying to be more formal with collecting and organizing evidence, I’ve been using things like notes, evidence boxes with labels, audio logs, that sort of thing to help out the rest of the security team solve crimes with less headaches and disorganization.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? 
    Please try to follow procedure as best you can and always be somewhat impartial
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    through a series of misadventures as a detective i ended up with a vampire as my detective partner. turned into a bad buddy cop movie it was great
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    maybe easier to regulate things like chemists handing out stuff to the crew or more importantly, genetics giving out really powerful mutations to traitors and what have you.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    i haven't really noticed any significant changes except maybe a more diplomatic stance given i dont want to start unnecessary fights with no back up or support
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
     As stated previously i loved having a buddy cop dynamic with say a doctor like sherlock holmes or something, opens up a lot of good comedy opportunities
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

none at all
Hey I play HoS on RP a good bit as well as generally being around and I'm gonna be honest I do not think I have ever seen your name as a sec off, which is a lot more important to HoS, detective isn't really security and shouldn't be played directly as security. I think if I've seen you as det it was about once as well, I would recommend playing sec off more to get more reputation.
You seem to be a good secoff but you do normally play detective! Det is not really the same as sec. I suggest grabbing some experience(and fame) as security because that's how people know if you'd be HoS material.
This application has been denied due to insufficient amount of community feedback. Maybe you should get that vampire and their clan involved. Feel free to reapply again 60 days from today.