Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was the Loafer Blueprint removed from Manta?
Loafer blueprint was straight awful on manta. Loafer itself leads to a lot of ugly "oopsies" that kill people.
I've had two experiences with loafers. Once I saw one on Manta where I watched probably half the station either commit suicide or "accidentally" get killed by it.

The second, on a traitor round where I rolled antag, I was flashed dragged to one hidden in maintenance and gibbed outta the round. That was fun.

Overall, it was a neat little "wow" gimmick the first time I saw it, but I dont think the game would be any worse for them not existing.
I've never really messed with loaves. Always seemed like one of those nerd traps like toxins or chem where it's all about spending multiple rounds tweaking with it until you find an incredibly deadly result and just doing that over and over again until you have a reason to use it, with the end result not being "Oh wow that person worked really hard to make that" and instead more often "I died to some bullshit"

It's a self serving, isolated gameplay loop, imo. I'd rather see it reworked to be more about item management or something (Bake items in loaves, Eat loaf to retrieve items)