Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun AI Ideas
I feel like the last few times I've played AI on the non-RP sever I've had a hard time figuring out things to do that made the round more fun for the rest of the server. In fact, I feel like a few of the times I tried to stop antags made the round less fun as the gimmicks they were planning seemed neat.

Does anyone have tips on how to make the round more fun for everyone as AI (including antags who have fun plans)? This can be just general tips or specific gimmicks that worked well.
Well I personally play as an AI that gives out C O O L Points for anything "cool" that the crew does, such as awarding 42.0 C O O L Points to a detec that gets a drug addiction, awarding C O O L Points for epic moments or sacrififces. Giving out U N C O O L Points, which are the opposite and thus for antags.

You could also try and make a game-show, team up with the Talk-show Host for some station wide prizes which could be twisted if you are antagged, etc. Give a reward to Scientists who find like 3 artifacts or find a particular artifact, etc.

The Sky's not the limit, Space is.
I personally don't have a "gimmick" per se. I play exclusively RP, and as such I try to have an AI character that's interesting to interact with, which is in of itself a great way to enhance a round (given that you can talk to just about anyone at anytime). Personally I try to lean strongly into a very robotic, artifical, yet well-spoken and clinically toned AI character. It's aware of what you're trying to do and wants to help you, but only for the sake of doing its job rather than any emotions it may be experiencing - it won't hate you or love you or even find you annoying, but it will still tell you off for being a shit-ass or helpfully let you know that there's a plasma fire on the other side of that door it just bolted before you could open it.

Essentially, doing your job as the omniscient and near omnipresent assistant to the best of your abilities, without just doing the jobs of people unless necessary, is a fantastic way to improve a round as AI.