Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intrigue Gamemode change ideas (Moved)
Question 
I know Intrigue was meant to facilitate better RP oppurtunities, but on my opinion, a few changes to the gamemode might be more convenient. I might get off-topic or etc. but this is just a suggestion.

1. Spy thief. This job is quite hard most of the time, on my opinion. And best tactic is just treasure hunting instead of limb or trinket stealing. Main point is that it's a stealh-based antag, making the players choose between abandoning the job to interact more with crewmembers, move around the station silently while claiming bounties or if even possible, something in between. This job is quite a challenge, but should be made a rarer in the intrigue gamemode. To reduce focus on the challenge and more on RP.

2. Wizard and wraith. I'm not sure the reason why Wizard and Wraith is removed from intrigue game mode but I think adding these would encourage more RP. For example, Ghostbusters or Friendly Wizard scenario.

3. Nuclear Emergency. I think this gamemode should at least be a rarity, allowing players to let loose and have fun once in a while and perhaps adding RP interactions between Nuke Ops Members. While this may sound like a personal request, I prefer not to go to Goon1 just to play Nuclear Emergency due to the chaotic amounts of chaos in said server.
I've had some good RP moments with Old Nuke.

Once we captured an agent alive and did a hostage exchange for the Disk back, so I think it's possible in the very least for Syndicate Agents to exist and still Roleplay without it turning into a bloodbath

Spy Thief can be RP friendly as well, you've just got to invent reasons why people should let you into places to get things, preferably within the confines for your job role. Visiting other areas and asking for supplies or support is a good way to do that.
I think a large reason why wraith isn't in intrigue is that it only has one counter and there is, at absolute best, maybe one person on the entire station (the chaplain) who could conceivably have an rp reason to know what it is.

The rest of it is while wraiths start out slow and rather harmless, once a wraith gets going it turns into a full-on horrific murderfest.  Once a wraith gets enough WP to get a revenant up, it's mass casualty time.

Edit: A modified wraith with a different skill set and different objectives might be suitable for RP, but as it is now wraith is very much a "kill fucking everyone" antag.
To make nukies a bit more RP friendly, how about make their objective not to obliterate the station and something more vague like take control of the station or something less destructive like simply take the disk and insert it into the shuttle console to reroute the shuttle to syndicate mindslaving center or something, maybe also make their gear less lethal
I greatly enjoy the rare nuke rounds that admins put on every now and then as they facilitate some wonderful roleplay, but I don't agree with making it part of the normal round cycle. Wraith is already on RP servers also, is it not?
(01-09-2021, 05:10 AM)Varali Wrote: I greatly enjoy the rare nuke rounds that admins put on every now and then as they facilitate some wonderful roleplay, but I don't agree with making it part of the normal round cycle. Wraith is already on RP servers also, is it not?

I didn't know it was. I thought the intrigue Gamemode doesnt have it. And nukie rounds will happen sooner or later by an admin, even though rarely, so might as well make it part of the normal round cycle, but it should be as rare as the admemes.

(01-08-2021, 03:17 PM)Rilor Wrote: To make nukies a bit more RP friendly, how about make their objective not to obliterate the station and something more vague like take control of the station or something less destructive like simply take the disk and insert it into the shuttle console to reroute the shuttle to syndicate mindslaving center or something, maybe also make their gear less lethal

That would make amazing sense. How else would Syndicates gain more followers, members and more foundations. It might contradict with what the syndicate is about, which is cold hard revenge and hate on NT (And some random fun gimmick), but it'd make a perfect RP opportunity. I can already imagine crewmembers screaming "I don't want to be mindslaved!"

(01-07-2021, 02:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've had some good RP moments with Old Nuke.

Once we captured an agent alive and did a hostage exchange for the Disk back, so I think it's possible in the very least for Syndicate Agents to exist and still Roleplay without it turning into a bloodbath

Spy Thief can be RP friendly as well, you've just got to invent reasons why people should let you into places to get things, preferably within the confines for your job role. Visiting other areas and asking for supplies or support is a good way to do that.

Appreciated with your opinion and sharing your nuke story with me. To be honest, the first time I played as a Syndicate Agent on RP was the best moment which is around 1 or 2 months ago. The pep talk by the Syndicate commander was amazing and lore-friendly. I expected that once everyone was geared up, they'd simply just go and play it like CSGO, but everyone gathered around the table as if it's the last Christmas diner.

Well, I've gotten Spy Thief quite a few times lately, and as an antag, I am usually hit with MAJOR anxiety. Like, "How am I supposed to protect my target while stealing? How do I kill my target permanently? How in the heck am I supposed to steal a sec's taser, 3 of them?!" And etc.. I also get assumptions to not underestimate other players and assume they're robust when I'm an antagonist too while also getting a soft spot for new players. It doesn't look as simple as luring my target into a maintenance alone and toolboxing him to death to me, it looks like he has a self-defense phaser gun in his backpack that's ready to shoot me if I hit him, even accidentally, with a toolbox.