Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacemaker implant
This could be a stupid idea, but what if instead of just shocking people, you could inject them with an implant that keeps their heart pumping e.g Pacemaker/ICD

Reasons this idea is sort of balanced.

Most people don't bother with making implants, so a pace maker will only show up if the roboticist makes a bunch ahead of time.

Traitor's EMP's could really mess with them, giving any poor sap with a pacemaking implant a heart attack by causing it to go off nonstop or not work at all, requiring emergency removal or cloning.

You could make them adjustable in someone's medical records, so this could be an extremely sneaky way to kill someone, Just give them a pacemaker for some bogus reason, then set the pacemaker to too slow or heart attack fast. This could probably also be used for diseases that screw with the heart, using mass guessing to figure out how fast or slow the heart should pump before the person can stop dying.

I just think someone throwing an emp gernade and killing someone unintentionally would probably be a good story.
This sounds amazing. It should also be affected by tasers and stun batons, so security might be discouraged from suppression techniques when diplomacy would do.
This is a great idea! For medical reasons, someone could legit need it for a heart condition. It could be given out by the Medical Director for security reasons.
*Philip Farmer is hit by the energy bolt
*Philip Farmer screams
*Philip Farmer's heart FUCKING EXPLODES
Having a pacemaker should make you way harder to kill by stuff like blunt trauma, but anything electric would pretty much kill you.

Some diseases/ailments that need a pacemaker would be neat too, and give robotics a closer relationship with medical other than being a backup genetics.
I have a sudden urge to be a roboticist and:

1) Forcibly inject a Pacemaker into every crewmember.

2) Corrupt the AI and order it to electrify all doors.

3) Roast marshmellows over the smoldering remains of the crew.
I-Sett Wrote:I have a sudden urge to be a roboticist and:

if we follow the thoughtprovoking process of the Crank movies, getting electrified with a pacemaker would make you super hyper instead of harming you
mozi Wrote:
I-Sett Wrote:I have a sudden urge to be a roboticist and:

if we follow the thoughtprovoking process of the Crank movies, getting electrified with a pacemaker would make you super hyper instead of harming you

Or, like the game, Infamous, where you have to eat electricity to live.

Conor the Doomed bites the wire! Holy shit!
[145.9] Pubs McGriff yells, "CONOR IS EATING ALL THE POWER IN MEDBAY"
APARTHEID Wrote:
mozi Wrote:if we follow the thoughtprovoking process of the Crank movies, getting electrified with a pacemaker would make you super hyper instead of harming you

Or, like the game, Infamous, where you have to eat electricity to live.

Conor the Doomed bites the wire! Holy shit!
[145.9] Pubs McGriff yells, "CONOR IS EATING ALL THE POWER IN MEDBAY"
I'd be electrifying myself AND making my heart explode.

I like this.
maybe this is the solution to the engineers starting the engine problem: let them overclock the engine, get pacemakers, then suck sweet sweet electricity out of the wires to run around like hyper meth addicts