Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Use slot machines like vending machines
TL;DR Let us use slot machines by hitting them with our IDs/PDAs, putting in a pin, have the money it takes/gives link to your primary account, and logout like you would with a vending machine.

It occurred to me this morning that the only reason we put money on our ID cards is so we can put them into slot machines. It's a vestigial feature that doesn't need to exist in the current code and removing it would make the transition between winning at slots and going to buy things smoother. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Getting money to gamble:
  1. Hit ATM with ID
  2. Click ATM and login with PIN
  3. Move money from account to card
  4. Logout
  5. Put ID into slot machine
  6. Gamble your grandma's life savings away
If you win at slots, you do the opposite:
  1. Remove ID from slot machine
  2. Hit ATM with ID
  3. Click ATM and login with PIN
  4. Move money from card to account
  5. Logout
  6. Run to a merchant

Without this feature, it looks like this:
  1. Hit slot machine with ID/PDA
  2. Gamble (sorry nan)
You win at slots and wanna buy stuff:
  1. Logout
  2. Run to a merchant

Easy breezy beautiful covergirl.

This way, we only use ATMs to deposit or withdraw money (like you would in real life) and reduce a needless waste of time. Making this change would help the speedrun any% of wasting your money on gambling so much more efficient and help us reach the climax of hitting rock bottom so much faster. We could even have a leaderboard for how fast you can waste your starting money and have to resort to begging other people for theirs.
Yes, please, I hate having to move the money around to gamble.
I'm pretty sure that yeah, putting money on the ID could be gutted since pretty much only slots machines do that. In fact, I remember someone planning to do exactly that at some point.