Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Syndicate Exploding Cigars
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE][INPUT]

About the PR
Adds exploding cigars as a Bartender exclusive traitor item. 5 TC cost.
Cigars come in a case of two. Each cigar explodes with 12 strength (vs 32 of a chameleon bomb).
Gibs on same tile, crit on next tile, red health two tiles away.

Why's this needed?
I wanted a "big brother" to the trick cigarettes. This is given a similar price to the chameleon bomb, it has substantially less power but still lethal on the same tile. You get two in the box to compensate for it being harder to use than a chameleon bomb. While stealthy to carry the smoking cigar itself is fairly obvious when dropped on a tile, even more so if thrown. Unlike the trick cig the explosion is not stealthy at all!
For the moment I gave this to the Bartender as it is on theme for them and they already have access to a chem dispenser at round start to make explosives it they wanted to.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flappybat:
(*)Added exploding cigars for the bartender. Prank your friends!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
5 TC cost might be a bit high for but it's a real explosive that can potentially gib two people and/or kill more. The explosive power is still pretty good despite the reduction to 20, like a microbomb. It will do reasonable structural damage and kill anyone on the same tile.

It's more stealthy than a pipebomb but the lit cigar sprite is quite eye catching. Cigars are also in short supply unlike cigarettes, I added a separate PR to put them in vending machines and make them less suspicious.

I am considering changing to a custom explosion to make this crit and remove limbs rather than gib.
Would be pretty funny.
If you change the explosion from gibbing to removing limbs you should definitely lower the cost from 5 TC to either 4 TC or 3 TC.

A macro-bomb can easily gib 8 people or more. That is 12 TC.

Gibbing 2 for 5 TC seems fair. And that is only possible on the direct tile. Balanced in my opinion. Using it to get rid of a corpse.
Demonstration

Doesn't any explosion gib corpses? I've seen people say they use trick cigs do detonate bodies, so for that purpose these'd be prohibitively expensive.

You may have to account for the fact that you'll need to get people to smoke these, which means you won't get many of the powergamey types. Not that I'd refuse one. :P
It acts like a conventional bomb, using the same explosion proc as the chameleon. Holding/smoking not required. Gibs on same tile, crit on next tile, red health two tiles away.
Make it so they come in the same case as the captain cigars and look the same and have the same amount so you can trick people with them otherwise you aint going to get anyone to smoke them.
(12-31-2020, 05:42 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Make it so they come in the same case as the captain cigars and look the same and have the same amount so you can trick people with them otherwise you aint going to get anyone to smoke them.

Yeah I'd rather have more cigars at the cost of them being not as good but better than the cigarettes.

Also maybe we should stick some normal cigars in maps bars for the same reason
They do come in a case but you only get two. Cigar case holds five which would be crazy at this explosion power.

I'm open to the idea but you'd really need to drop the power down to 10 and they would be kinda weak as an explosive. They are pretty obvious unlike trick cigs due to the size of the sprite which will make it much harder to go unnoticed.
That's two votes for having more at a lower power. I've tested and at 8 explosive power they will crit (-30%~) and probably delimb. Next tile is orange health and maybe limb loss. 2 tiles and nothing. They break the floor, maybe break a wall but it's unreliable.

So they are pretty likely but not certain to kill your target, won't do much structure damage and you'd get five. I think that would be reasonable for 5 TC?
To be honest; I liked the version that you displayed in the video.

After the first or second usage you would fint it pretty hard to get people to smoke one - so the sneaky aspect of it is done by that point.

As far as grenades go - one can easily mass produce pipe-bombs.
The idea was to have something stronger than trick cigarettes but I fear they are slowly turning into exactly those.

Anyhow - nice idea. I would just enjoy to see the first itteration in-game.