Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stations.
Playing on dounut again after so long makes me remember how good the maintenance tunnels really were. they just flow so well, but each station has it's perks and cons.

Dounut has its overall shape and maintenance tunnels making it great for a traitor round, it also proves devastating when bombs, and singularities happen. But the sheer trek just to get anywhere is awful.

Mushroom, it's really well designed, everything is easy to get to, depmartments are placed in ways to promote better synergy, However it has very lame maintenance tunnels and seems very linear walking through it.

Ovary. I haven't played much on ovary, infact i'm not really what makes it so good

Anways, what's your favorite map

I have no real biast or preference both are great maps wish I could play more ovary though
The one thing I loved about Donut, was how even if a part of the station is gone due to a bomb or the singurlarity, you would still be able to go onto the other side of the station and get to the area.
donut was my personel favorite
I always thought it would be interesting if there were several different potential station layouts that were randomly chosen from at round start. But I suppose that would be a nightmare to code (if even possible) and annoying to deal with.

Personally, I've only played Mushroom, but I've seen the others played. Overall, I like Mushroom more, but I agree that maintenance is really lame.
I really liked ovary, probably because it was my first station.
I stopped playing for a long time after the switch to donut station since I really didnt like the layout.
Once I started playing on donut it grew on me though, and I kinda miss it.
Mushroom is decent but I dont think it will be missed if we get something better.
Do we have maps for the previous stations? Maybe we could add them to the wiki.
dounut is a blast to play on, Im really sad I never played ovary in its time. ahwell. maybe they will bring it back in an event
donut was my favorite, mostly because it wasn't really compartmentalized. the whole thing was the main hall and there weren't really wings so any kind of shit going on in a department inevitably spilled out into the main ring. maint was also worth going into.
I'm too familiar with Mushroom now that Donut is scary and confusing for me. Hoping it reverts soon, personally.
Donut 1 Supremacy. Always have Toxins and all the gas storage areas in the escape wing, always.
Cogwerks Wrote:Donut 1 Supremacy. Always have Toxins and all the gas storage areas in the escape wing, always.

This is the smartest design I have ever heard, nothing could have went wrong with that
probably my favorite part of donut was the almost immediate chaos because everything was open to the main hallway

it took all of 30 seconds to hack into atmos and burn the entire southern half of the station down, and uploading laws was pretty easy because module storage was out of the way but still within the station
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:But I suppose that would be a nightmare to code (if even possible) and annoying to deal with.

Worse.