hi there, i want to be a senior mallcop.
Usual Character Name: Dr. Swedlokim
BYOND Username: Shoddyunl
Recommended by (if applicable): Sundance Feely.
Times Available: you can find me on at many times during the week, it usually depends on if i feel like playing at all.

Please note for all people who play almost always on Lljk#1 that i almost exclusively play on #2, and you may have never seen me play security because of this.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): I’d like to be a Head Of Security because #2 pretty much only has sundance playing regularly as an HoS, a lot of times criminals escape because the team of security officers has to stand in front of a door screaming at the braindead AI to open the door to genetics while 5 people are getting reclaimed by a nefarious traitor. Having the extra access would be a godsend.

Also, having access to one of the only Eguns on the station is pretty good.

I’m already a mentor so i figure being an HoS would be cool as well, and i’ve been meaning to apply for awhile but my internet got shot out.
I also think that a lot of security officers we get lately are very violent and will frequently leave prisoners to rot in their general population cell for 20 minutes, or the detective who see’s something going on behind a wall, doesn’t call it in and just bust’s in and caps the traitor right in the dome as hes ordering his fake moustaches.

Frequently security becomes over-zealous in punishments or protective measures, they become focused so much on destroying the traitor and his will that they start ruining other people’s fun and being an all around ass, if you’re a security officer or HoS, your job is to stop bad guys from blowing up the station but also keep things fun fun for everyone, nobody likes the officer who brigs a guy for 8 minutes for tearing a window down.

If i am an HoS, i intend to enforce rules on both the crew and MY crew, i don’t believe the security team is usually full of repulsive scumbags, but sometimes people need a little reminder from their boss on how to handle a situation.

The assistant who runs into security early on and steals the donuts does not deserve to be thrown into jail for 15 minutes and forgotten. It’s better to let him go because who the fuck cares, we’re playing this game to have fun, and that’s something too many people forget.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): i have played security a lot, i know how to lead taser shots or predict movements, how to dance around people as i whack the floor with my baton, and how to hide my flash in my other hand while someone tries to rush into security.

I love playing security because it is very fulfilling to save someone from a nasty traitor, or to don a fire extinguisher and crowbar and wrench into a plasma fire to pull people out.

the security officer is not a police officer, whenever i play security i’m of the mindset that i’m the general emergency services that is also equipped with weapons, i always grab the handcuff box and a flash in my pocket, drop my handcuffs in my backpack at the start and get the medkit, i also equip myself with the mechanical toolbox’s crowbar because it is extremely useful for getting around in a power outage or saving someone from fire.

i also like to pick up the fire extinguisher from the emergency box for those nightly bonfires.
I choose to do this every round because if you’re fully loaded out with whatever you might need to help people, you’ll do well.

Also, it is a good idea to use good judgement on the use of your weapons, you may think that your taser is your best option because of its range but the stun baton can be better in close range when you need to subdue multiple people, but my favorite is the flash, a dependable weapon because with a standard officer’s loadout your weapon cannot be used against you if disarmed due to your sunglasses.

When i’m a security officer, i usually spend the first 15 minutes or so just walking around, whenever i hear a call for help on the radio i immediately try to get the details of when, where, and how.

When the game gets to the 30 minute mark traitors usually become bolder and start doing much eviler things than breaking into EVA to get an RCD, this is the time when you should be on your guard, and keeping in contact with your team members.

when the game gets past 40 minutes, shit usually gets real.
Shit getting real usually means something like this: the traitor has escaped capture and is wreaking havoc, but you have no idea where he is and things are too fucked up to just go looking for him, maybe there are 3 hull breaches all around medbay, the best thing to do is just to grab whatever you can to help out, get your medkit and crowbar to help injured people and pry open doors for the trapped chef in his culinary prison.

The HoS is generally the messiah of the station, the chosen one, he/she can always be depended upon to keep their officers in line, the station in good shape, and the crew happy.

So yeah, i want to be a nice cop who gets a couple of guns and a cool hat, and i want to help out people in need while wearing my stylish beret and ordering my army of redshirts around.
Vote 4 Swede!

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):i like that the general population cell has a timer, and i like how the equipment room is laid out. it's pretty good.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): shouldn't this be changed to what is your opinion of McRib? apparently there is a new filter for the P word.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I once had a permanent ban for messing up with a bomb i thought was a dud and it got reduced to a jobban from scientist jobs, both successfully appealed.
I've seen you playing as a security quite alot and you were an okay guy... Well its a yes from me
Swedlokim is my kind of HoS. Yes, please.
Definitely put the time in as security and does a good job with it.
I've seen this guy in security. He does a good job at it. I say yes.