Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graffiti
Right now, you can draw messages on walls with I-Pens that only people with mesons can see. Personally, i think this is super cool!

However, I'd love it it we could scribble on walls with regular pens, too.

1) Apply pen to wall. You get something like 100 characters for a short little blab that shows up on the screen as a scribble
2) The scribble can be read by right clicking and examining, like any other piece of writing.
3) The scribble can be removed by applying a wet sponge or mop..

IF THIS IS IMPLEMENTED ->
There's a spell that's suggested in the Attack Spells For Wizards thread titled Explosive Runes. It'd be super cool if the wizard could make bombs that go off when red that look like these little scribbles

Pros:
-> More ways to commit crime. GRAFFITI EVERYWHERE, CASH IN MY POCKET, DRUGS IN MY BLOOOD.
-> Would probably be super easy to implement. I-pens are already a thing and do a thing like this,
-> More things to do in the brig. Write poetry all over the walls. Or raps. Or FUCK DA POLICE~!
-> Janitors can clean graffiti instead of soaking the floors

Cons:
-> Will possibly [Probably (Most definitely)] cover the station in the word DONGS
-> Will detract from some of the uniqueness of the I-Pens, although the engineering-only club will still exist.
-> Not really a necessary addition, just something mildly entertaining!
A certain chemical could be used by the Janitor to clean the graffiti. Also if the janitor runs out of that chemical, he can go to Chemistry for more.
Something you can do with sponge, finally!
I-Pen graffiti is almost never used, so being able to write actually visible messages would be pretty neat.
The detective/security should have a way to identify people's handwriting
Only the Detective should be able to do that, and even then only if they see a sample of that person's handwriting.
Ok, what's the best way to round up the crew and make them all write "the quick brown fox?"
Offer a thousand bucks to everyone who comes in and is found innocent. Anyone that doesn't come in willingly gets dragged to the interrogation room, where there is much arguing about handwriting and proof requiring that the suspect's hands be untied so he can provide a writing sample.

Cue hilarity.
people seemed to think this idea was kinda cool... but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, either.
Anticheese Wrote:Offer a thousand bucks to everyone who comes in and is found innocent. Anyone that doesn't come in willingly gets dragged to the interrogation room, where there is much arguing about handwriting and proof requiring that the suspect's hands be untied so he can provide a writing sample.

Cue hilarity.

People should also adapt the handwriting of the people that so generously "Donated" their limbs.
THAT would make for some hilarious incidents.

UrsulaMejor Wrote:people seemed to think this idea was kinda cool... but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, either.
You got a firm yes from me, though maybe have some sort of way to LIMIT the graffiti, like having pens actually require INK.
Perhaps you could make Ink a chemistry thing, and then have people figure out how to make ink dyes different colors.

Basically tgstation's crayons but only on paper/walls and slightly more complicated because they have to figure out how to make brown ink for writing poo over and over again.
I really hope there ends up being a way to trace these to the writer or else people will be writing racial slurs on the walls.
MEOW POW Wrote:I really hope there ends up being a way to trace these to the writer or else people will be writing racial slurs on the walls.
just give it a combat log assignment, "Don Geon writes on the wall!!"

and then it'll be in the logs who was writing on walls, and probably more detailed logs in the secret voodoo admin logs
Log who wrote on the wall, byond id and what message they wrote.

Problem solved.
I can't help but imagine this will result in the old highschool idea of writing bad words on the restroom walls. Let's do it!