Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Customizable PDA ringtones
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]
About the PR

PDAs can now have their ringtones changed. They are stored in datums and applied through various programs.

The ringtone datums are highly customizable. You're able to define any number of sounds, whether they're played from that list in order or randomly, the playsound vars for each sound, specific ringer messages to use it set to use them, actions for the ringtone to take after playing certain ringtones, and the ability for the ringtone to listen to your text messages for instructions.

The ringtones can be previewed on your PDA by pressing the preview button. It'll set itself as your PDA's temporary ringtone and send you a message.

Adds the following ringtones:

- The stock standard Two-Beep, available on all PDAs and on a cart in the vendor.
- An obnoxious "wolf pack" cart with random dog noises. Available for about 800,000 credits.
- Some dopey elementary school not-arg learning cart lodged in a monkey sometimes.
- A bundle of silly noises that come with the clown's cart.
- A pirated sound effects library for traitors that'll play explosion noises, gunfire, and csaber stuff while messing up your PDA's speakers.

Why's this needed?

PDAs need more options to be obnoxious. Also I like the idea of each department getting their own ringtones

Changelog

Code:
(u)Superlagg:
(*)PDAs can now use different ringtones! Ask the clown if you can borrow their ringtone program.
(+)The Syndicate are dirty software pirates, supplying their agents with stolen copies of a certain PDA compatible sound effect library for a single TC.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Simple and neat without really affecting balancing in any way, pls merge ((assuming everything is up to scuff))
Lets us express ourselves a bit, removes the obnoxious double beep, i like it!
Yes please, long as they can't last longer than 5 seconds and won't be able to make ear drums bleed from loudness
I added functionality to set ringtones for specific mail groups and alert types. Now I just need to actually make more than two or three ringtones!
https://youtu.be/f6RL8Une8Ac
Remember this PR? Pali merged it a few hours ago, so it's here now. Worth noting that in addition to ringtone packages, this update also adds SpaceWire, where you host a file and anybody who messages you a certain password automatically downloads it. It's on QM and Head of Staff PDAs, so for the latter, you can hand out programs to everyone in your department (looking at you, Port-a-Sci remote).

Pali said he didn't exactly test that SpaceWire feature yet, so if you find bugs, please, report them. Bug report area is in the Goonstation GitHub's Issues section and requires an account, and if you're in-game, there's a Bug Report button in the top right to file a report to the GitHub, without needing an account. We're also accepting feedback on whether the ringtones are more annoying than they're supposed to be.