Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A 'respected' position that isn't Sec or Command staff
(12-18-2020, 06:30 PM)Drago156 Wrote: I've no doubt said it before but I'll say again that security is seriously under equipped for dealing with just about any lethal and majorly destructive force, and if there were more tools at the disposal of standard sec, then I think the stark contrast and difference between HoS, NTSO, and a standard officer wouldn't be as big or concerning.

There needs to be a balance though. If Sec is able to just be a brick wall to every possible threat then antags wont get to pull any hilarious or chaotic hijinks at all. There is a tribal justice to the station that takes place and theres plenty of vigilantes out there who go out of there way to attack known antags. Buffing sec any more than they currently have been isn't the answer.

Besides the only 'lethal and destructive' force that comes to mind is nuke ops, multiple wizards, and, idk, well-organized revs? Nuke ops has the entire crew vs them and tend to be grossly unorganized or incompetent or both, and with Wiznerds usually one or two of them try to be peaceful from the start.

Maybe we need more non-sec roles to have a counter similar to Chaplain being a counter to wraiths and vamps, and the chapel being a safezone from spells.

Also I hate the 'shitter' label. Some people are downright dicks or do rule breaking stuff yeah, but people should be allowed to mess around to an extent and have fun. You get maybe a handful of antag rounds a year if you don't play every hour of every day. Thats why ass day was what it was, so you could blow off steam.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A 'respected' position that isn't Sec or Command staff - by MoonJesus - 12-18-2020, 07:36 PM