Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A 'respected' position that isn't Sec or Command staff
(12-19-2020, 03:06 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've thought having another non-sec guaranteed non-antag role could work.

Chaplain would probably be my top pick for it. They're kind of the station's cleric, and we could start pivoting some of their extra powers away from anti-antag to support powers for the rest of the crew.

IE, Rituals chalk and the Altar

Yeah but then you're giving up the devil suit & briefcase and other antag-specific gear they get to have fun with.

Guy above me doesn't have a bad idea about captain. Being an antag captain kind of sucks unless you're just going on a rampage or have a specific gimmick in mind

(12-18-2020, 09:02 PM)Drago156 Wrote: blobs, cooperating antags, heavily armed antags, and arguably even good changelings and vampires are also on that list, and I'm not saying openly giving security officers lethals at roundstart, but it seems counter intuitive to have an armory that's just stun+, like some of that gear should probably be at least semi-decent as lethals to deal with threats that you can't necessarily stun or arrest.
The thing is though these kind of threats aren't that common, and if they are they don't last long. More often than not what happens is you get a group of overarmed sec or NTSO wandering around severely punishing any kind of smallscale fuckery.
Yeah, Captain would really benefit from being unable to be an antag.
(12-19-2020, 08:53 AM)Leeanei Wrote: Yeah, Captain would really benefit from being unable to be an antag.

Thirded this idea. I'm finally on-board with it, idk. I think captains have great capacity to do fun things for the round and crew; a focus on that for the role would be neat.