Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cash 4 Trash: A NT Recycling Initiative
Something I thought could be fun was a merchant that you can contact by PDA

They would buy common "trash" items like bullet casings, empty cans, cigarette butts, etc. Periodically changing their list of items they were buying.

Crew could earn cash by sending wanted items through disposals and into the crusher. 
When a crewmember hits the flush button, the chutes contents are all flagged to the account of the button presser through biometrics 
If/Once that item passes through the crusher, it's recycle category would be checked and if it matches the desired items, credits are deposited into the flagged accounts.

Recyclables could come it categories like

Metals - Bullet casings, empty soda cans
Glass - Glass shards, empty syringes, empty bottles
Biodegradable - Rotten food, Crops, Dead bodies 
Plastics - Figurines, ID cards, rubber ballons
Electronic Waste - PDAs, batteries
Paper - Cigarette Butts, Paper Notes/hats, paper cups

Something to give people a low skill way to earn credits, create interactions, and keep the station tidy
(12-16-2020, 09:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something I thought could be fun was a merchant that you can contact by PDA

They would buy common "trash" items like bullet casings, empty cans, cigarette butts, etc. Periodically changing their list of items they were buying.

Crew could earn cash by sending wanted items through disposals and into the crusher. 
When a crewmember hits the flush button, the chutes contents are all flagged to the account of the button presser through biometrics 
If/Once that item passes through the crusher, it's recycle category would be checked and if it matches the desired items, credits are deposited into the flagged accounts.

Recyclables could come it categories like

Metals - Bullet casings, empty soda cans
Glass - Glass shards, empty syringes, empty bottles
Biodegradable - Rotten food, Crops, Dead bodies 
Plastics - Figurines, ID cards, rubber ballons
Electronic Waste - PDAs, batteries
Paper - Cigarette Butts, Paper Notes/hats, paper cups

Something to give people a low skill way to earn credits, create interactions, and keep the station tidy

I dont think people should be rewarded for crushing dead bodys tbh, might wanna rmeove that because a random staffie might just start crushing bodys for cash
(12-17-2020, 05:57 AM)Boxta Wrote: I dont think people should be rewarded for crushing dead bodys tbh, might wanna rmeove that because a random staffie might just start crushing bodys for cash

That was sorta the intention, to use this system to create tension sometimes by having competing interests, but we can adjust the fun dial to find that sweet spot between "challenging" and "cruel"
Bonus points if peeps get extra cash for properly sorting stuff (same category items in a trash bag, hazardous stuff in red trash bags).