Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Electrical Maintenance Crate for cargo (inc. multitool)
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEAT][BALANCE][INPUT]
About the PR

Change to QM supply packs with two main elements:

- New pack called the Electrical Maintenance Crate, containing two electrical toolboxes, two multi-tools, and two pair of insulated gloves. It's more expensive than the Engineering Crate.
- Modification to the existing Engineering Crate; it no longer contains insulated gloves, and instead contains winter coats (for use while working in harsh conditions).

The primary objective of this change is to give QM the ability to purchase multitools now that they're not an item you can manufacture with default resources; having them accompanied by insulated gloves and electrical toolboxes seemed like a very natural pairing.

Some things I'm not sure about:

- Is 2,500 credits the right price for this new electrical maintenance crate? If not, higher or lower?
- Should the old crate be reduced in cost now that it's less desirable?
- Would it be better to simply leave the existing lineup untouched and instead introduce a crate that only contains multitools?

Why's this needed?

Introduces a means for QM to purchase multi-tools without relying on Gragg.

Changelog

Code:
(u)Kubius:
(+)Added a new electrical maintenance crate to QM. Insulated gloves have moved to it, and it also contains multitools.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I still think 2.5k is too low, you said 15k was too high and now that I think about it, this will probably be a crate that is ordered early on by cargo, person comes in asks for multi tool because the default spawn one have already been taken, I still think a multi tool should he hard to get. So a good price would probably be 5k~
What was all in the engineering crate? Maybe buff it with more general supplies for hazard conditions?
Most stations have enough multitools littered around that I don't find this a big issue, but with certain maps I see why Cargo would want to order multitools. I still think getting claretine and producing them would be better, so perhaps have traders sometimes offer multitools instead of it being a regular crate you can order?
(12-15-2020, 05:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What was all in the engineering crate? Maybe buff it with more general supplies for hazard conditions?

Old (current) complement is 2 engineering toolboxes, 2 welding masks and 2 insulated gloves. New complement would be that, but with insulated gloves replaced with engineering winter coats.

(12-16-2020, 09:39 AM)Varali Wrote: Most stations have enough multitools littered around that I don't find this a big issue, but with certain maps I see why Cargo would want to order multitools. I still think getting claretine and producing them would be better, so perhaps have traders sometimes offer multitools instead of it being a regular crate you can order?

Traders already randomly offer multitools but it absolutely sucks to have someone ask for a multitool and your response being "welp, there aren't any right now, better luck next time". I think it would be quite valuable to have a guaranteed source, even if it's pricy.
Pali merged/implemented this an hour or so ago. Hasn't changed much since beginning: engineering crate's insulateds have still been replaced by engineering winter coats, and there's still a new crate with two electrical toolboxes, two multi-tools, and two pair of insulated gloves. Most notably, the price of said new crate is still at 2500, with the possibility of being adjusted with feedback.